Follow Us

Two Years - Expired Cert

Jump to latest post
  1. martigan is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Two Years - Expired Cert

I passed the NETA2 in February of 2020 while working for company A. I left and worked doing something else in the power industry for company B. I am moving and was just re-hired by company A. I believe my NETA2 cert is expired. It has been just over two years. Is there a way to renew it without having to retake it?

Nevermind, I got the answer. I will leave this up here as an FYI. The cert will be good for three years. The gaining NETA company just has to submit the proper info (tech change form) to re-certify. I passed mine in Feb of 2020 and left company A the following month. I can get it reactivated without having to do anything as long as it is before Dec 31, 2023.

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by martigan View Post
    I passed the NETA2 in February of 2020 while working for company A. I left and worked doing something else in the power industry for company B. I am moving and was just re-hired by company A. I believe my NETA2 cert is expired. It has been just over two years. Is there a way to renew it without having to retake it?

Nevermind, I got the answer. I will leave this up here as an FYI. The cert will be good for three years. The gaining NETA company just has to submit the proper info (tech change form) to re-certify. I passed mine in Feb of 2020 and left company A the following month. I can get it reactivated without having to do anything as long as it is before Dec 31, 2023.
    Just a reminder they have new CEU requirements for maintaining your certification. Those must be met before your deadline for renewal.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbi_Rob View Post
    Just a reminder they have new CEU requirements for maintaining your certification. Those must be met before your deadline for renewal.
    Where can you see what changed?

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    Where can you see what changed?
    Level 2 was the most recent change actually requiring CEUs to maintain and changed about 2-3 years ago.

Q. How many CTD credits are needed to recertify?

A. Level 2 Technicians are required to earn 24 CTD credits every 3 years to maintain their certification.

Level 3 and 4 Technicians are required to earn 48 CTD credits every three years to maintain their certification.

https://www.netaworld.org/about/contact-us-faqs

Subscribe

Share this thread

Follow us

Explore TestGuy

NETA Certification Training

NICET Electrical Power Testing

Help and Support

You are viewing the archives. Enjoy new features and join the conversation at wiki.testguy.net