Follow Us

ANSI Numbers help

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    ANSI Numbers help

I know there is no easy way to remember all of the ANSI numbers that would be found on the NETA 2 test. However if anyone has any tips or tricks to help you remember any of them I would be greatly appreciative.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by cnowak View Post
    I know there is no easy way to remember all of the ANSI numbers that would be found on the NETA 2 test. However if anyone has any tips or tricks to help you remember any of them I would be greatly appreciative.
    Practice them every day. TestGuy has a "ANSI Device Numbers" tech quiz that is good for drilling. You can also ask your co-workers to quiz you and make a game of it on the job.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    Practice them every day. TestGuy has a "ANSI Device Numbers" tech quiz that is good for drilling. You can also ask your co-workers to quiz you and make a game of it on the job.
    Thanks, I've tried the practice test. It would be good practice if I already knew most of the ANSI numbers however it definitely is not a good place to learn the ANSI numbers.

7. rofo42 is offline Seasoned Member
    I bought index cards and made flash cards out of them. Everyday I would go through them a couple times. Pure repetition is the only way for me to learn stuff like that.

It also helps to use prints on a daily/weekly basis for your job that incorporate these but you may not have that in your current stage of your career.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by rofo42 View Post
    I bought index cards and made flash cards out of them. Everyday I would go through them a couple times. Pure repetition is the only way for me to learn stuff like that.

It also helps to use prints on a daily/weekly basis for your job that incorporate these but you may not have that in your current stage of your career.
    I also have cards and am practicing them. However I was really wondering if there were any sayings that help individuals remember specific numbers.

11. rofo42 is offline Seasoned Member
    I also have cards and am practicing them. However I was really wondering if there were any sayings that help individuals remember specific numbers.
    "Repetition makes a technician"

All I can come up with right now 🙂

13. Join Date
    Jul 2020
    try to save common ones like:

15. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Izeldeen View Post
    try to save common ones like:
    Thank you. I think I'm going to try and write them down over and over again. Kind of like elementary school vocabulary. Hopefully that works out for me.

17. Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Thank you. I think I'm going to try and write them down over and over again. Kind of like elementary school vocabulary. Hopefully that works out for me.
    sure, should be work.

19. alf583 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    For something like this, flashcards are my jam.

I also found whittling the stack down as you learn helps zero in on the trouble ones, builds confidence, and saves time.
    So as you begin to memorize them, for example you get it immediately correct 3ish times in a row, take that card out of the stack and set it aside.
    Then every few rounds through the stack add them back, then whittle them out again as needed.
    This helps hammer the tougher ones and reinforce the easy ones.

I've used this method for oodles of written and oral exams.

Hope this helps.

Subscribe

Share this thread