Follow Us

VLF Application Questions

1. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    VLF Application Questions

1. I have an application and due to down time customer does not want to remove 1 set of terminations that are bolted and taped for doing VLF maintenance test ... any issues with this?
    2. Should I recommend we do Tan Delta instead of VLF test? new guy here and haven't read up on tan delta in detail.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwallace85 View Post
    1. I have an application and due to down time customer does not want to remove 1 set of terminations that are bolted and taped for doing VLF maintenance test ... any issues with this?
    2. Should I recommend we do Tan Delta instead of VLF test? new guy here and haven't read up on tan delta in detail.
    How old is the equipment and what is connected to the taped end? Suspect any issues or just routine maintenance? If you are just dealing with a small piece of bus that can be isolated, its probably not that big of a deal. Even if you need to test at a reduce voltage, you will probably do more damage removing the tape and trying to isolate the cable for something that isn't going to have that much effect on the result.

Subscribe

Share this thread