Follow Us

NETA Level 3 Exam Tips Sept 2021

If you ignore it, it will fail.
    Seasoned Member
    NETA Level 3 Exam Tips Sept 2021

Well missed it by that much.... Anyway there were a couple of questions that I remember.

1. The question asked why a SF6 switch was not transported with gas in it. The choices were environmental
    reasons, could damage seals in shipping and a couple others.

2. There was a question about SI and what it represents. The choices were Hertz, Amps, Volts and Joules
    I looked this one up and SI is a standard of measurement and in electrical applications it is Amperes so I
    guess amps would have been the answer.

3. There was a question about three control transformers in an open format with a common neutral. The question
    was what would they be used for.

A word of advise on that test anyway there were more questions on Scada systems, types of fiber optics, no logic questions and not a lot of questions on safety. There were about five questions involving calculations and a couple of circuit questions. I felt like there were quote a few questions on isolating circuits for testing and they were given graphically and in worded questions. There were also quite a few questions on testing relays. Study your ANSI numbers there were quite a few questions that only used the devise numbers in the questions. Just an FYI I have quite a few study tests on Quizlet for device numbers and other items. I also found an app called Arc Flash 101 in the apple app store. It is free and has a lot of great info on it. Well hope this info can help anyone.
    Warren Garber
    Have a great day!

3. bec51392 is offline NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Thanks for the heads up. Im supposed to go for my three later this month. Anything scada is foreign to me

Subscribe

Share this thread