Follow Us

Fluke 1750 Power Quality Meter Hard Reset (Procedure)

Jump to latest post
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Fluke 1750 Power Quality Meter Hard Reset (Procedure)

Sometimes in the field it may be necessary to hard reset the Fluke 1750 PQM when communications cannot be established by your PC or other device. Using the procedure will factory reset the device and wipe all memory/settings, allowing you to re-establish communications.

Warning: This procedure involves breaking factory seals and should only be used in emergency situations when the meter cannot be sent to the factory for service as it will most likely void your warranty. Any data stored in the unit prior to performing this procedure will be erased, contact an authorized service provider if data needs to be recovered!!!

Before resorting to a hard reset, try to unplug the unit and allow the UPS to fully drain before plugging it back and try again. Try to communicate with both a PC via Ethernet, and a PDA via Bluetooth (if possible). Sometimes communications can be re-established after performing this “soft-reset”.

If all else fails, you can try this:

Factory Reset Procedure for Fluke 1750 Power Quality Analyzer

Step 1: Pull off yellow rubber footing on the bottom of the unit.
    Step 2: Remove the (6) screws holding the bottom housing plate on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fluke-1750-hard-reset-procedure-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	283

Step 3: Remove the button battery cell from the circuit board.

Name:	fluke-1750-hard-reset-procedure-2.jpg 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	284

Name:	fluke-1750-hard-reset-procedure-3.jpg 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	285

Step 4: Press and hold the small reset button for 5 seconds, located next to the button battery housing.

Name:	fluke-1750-hard-reset-procedure-4.jpg 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	286

Step 5: Replace the battery and bottom housing plate along with the yellow rubber footing.
    Step 6: Plug in the unit and try to connect with a PC via Ethernet.

The Fluke 1750 PQM should now be fully reset and communicating. Date and Time setting will need to be changed, any data previously stored in the unit will be lost.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    FLUKE 1750, PROBLEMS WITH ETHERNET CONNECTION

Hi SecondGen,
    Thanks for your input, I have 3 queries of the 1750 fluke
    1.- Is the ethernet cable direct or crossed? mine got lost
    2.- Can you download the Software from the fluke page? , or it needs some license to work.
    3.- no I have the PDA, can it be used or work only with the ethernet cable?
    Beforehand thank you very much

I push buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidfiee64 View Post
    Hi SecondGen,
    Thanks for your input, I have 3 queries of the 1750 fluke
    1.- Is the ethernet cable direct or crossed? mine got lost
    2.- Can you download the Software from the fluke page? , or it needs some license to work.
    3.- no I have the PDA, can it be used or work only with the ethernet cable?
    Beforehand thank you very much
    1. I believe it is a standard cross-over cable but honestly I've never had a reason to check. I usually try to keep both types on me for cases when I'm unsure or having problems connecting to something.

2. You can download 1750 software here: https://www.fluke.com/en-us/support/...e-and-firmware

3. Yes. The default method I use to connect is over ethernet using a Windows based PC running the latest version of Power Analyze from the Fluke website. I've had problems with the PDA in the past so I rarely bother with it anymore, I think there may be an Android app but I don't remember for sure.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Fluke 1750 not booting or communicating

Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    1. I believe it is a standard cross-over cable but honestly I've never had a reason to check. I usually try to keep both types on me for cases when I'm unsure or having problems connecting to something.

2. You can download 1750 software here: https://www.fluke.com/en-us/support/...e-and-firmware

3. Yes. The default method I use to connect is over ethernet using a Windows based PC running the latest version of Power Analyze from the Fluke website. I've had problems with the PDA in the past so I rarely bother with it anymore, I think there may be an Android app but I don't remember for sure.
    Hi thanks for the post
    I have a unit that doesn't seem to communicate with the PC using the ethernet cable or using the tablet. the fluke 1750 have a solid green light when I plug it and it stays like that noting happening. I have replaced both of the batteries on board and did a hard reset as explained above but still not able to connect to the unit.
    please help
    thank you
    Abdel

I push buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdel1 View Post
    Hi thanks for the post
    I have a unit that doesn't seem to communicate with the PC using the ethernet cable or using the tablet. the fluke 1750 have a solid green light when I plug it and it stays like that noting happening. I have replaced both of the batteries on board and did a hard reset as explained above but still not able to connect to the unit.
    please help
    thank you
    Abdel
    You might want to check your computer IP settings, make sure everything is set to automatic configuration. Also, it takes some time for the units to appear in PowerAnalyze. Its important that your Software and Firmware versions are compatible as well. Have you ever had success connecting to this unit?

Subscribe

Share this thread