Follow Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How hard is it to get new test equipment at your company?

Jump to latest post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    How hard is it to get new test equipment at your company?

It can be like pulling teeth at mine. It's embarrassing when I have to pull out some my older pieces around customers. What's even worse is when equipment finally breaks and you get stuck with "the loaner."

3. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Often I have to use my personal equipment because companies are so slow to approve new equipment. "We only pay for it if you truly need it" is a dumb mantra when every application has new or different tool requirements. No wonder companies go under

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Rental equipment seems to be the best option at our company. It's so easy. We get what we need shipped to our shop, it looks very impressive and cutting edge on the job site, and we ship it back when we are done. This works well for the really expensive stuff we don't use often.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by wrh9278 View Post
    It can be like pulling teeth at mine. It's embarrassing when I have to pull out some my older pieces around customers. What's even worse is when equipment finally breaks and you get stuck with "the loaner."
    Did it pass calibration? You don't need anything new then!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebdub View Post
    Yup, never mind the missing knobs and crappy test leads, just make it happen.

11. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by unimployed View Post
    Often I have to use my personal equipment because companies are so slow to approve new equipment. "We only pay for it if you truly need it" is a dumb mantra when every application has new or different tool requirements. No wonder companies go under
    Does your company at least calibrate your personal equipment?

13. Achandler is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebdub View Post
    It has always been a bit of a struggle but with recent management problems it has become a nightmare!

15. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Normally it isnt to hard, but i have found the equipment is old and outdated, yet it still gets calibrted just fine

17. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Not hard at all, because our owner still likes to work in the field and will buy just about whatever we ask for.

19. ironshovel77 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    I work for a large national testing company that claims to be on the cutting edge, what a joke my fluke 87 lead broke the other day (first one in years ) i was told to FIX it ,every test set has taped up leads broken clips cracked screens
    etc thats how the shop sends them out not like the techs beet them up they don't have a chance by the time you get something it has to another job tomorrow sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe

Share this thread