Follow Us

TTR transformer that is 80% loaded

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2020
    TTR transformer that is 80% loaded

What is the turns ratio of a 3-phase 500kVA, 13,200-480 volt rated delta-delta transformer that is 80% loaded

I answered this question incorporating the 80% load into my calculation and i get 22. However it ended up being the wrong answer.

Can someone assist me on this question.

Thanks,

3. rofo42 is offline Seasoned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGarcia View Post
    What is the turns ratio of a 3-phase 500kVA, 13,200-480 volt rated delta-delta transformer that is 80% loaded

I answered this question incorporating the 80% load into my calculation and i get 22. However it ended up being the wrong answer.

Thanks,
    The loading of a transformer doesn't effect the turns ratio. That question is seemingly giving you extra information to purposely trip you up.

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber

Thanks,
    80% loading is excessive information and does not affect the turns ratio.

First information that is relevant is the transformer is delta-delta transformer, so Phase to Ground voltage = Line to Line Voltage.

TTR= 13200/480 = 27.5

7. Join Date
    Jul 2020

Thanks,
    13200/480=27.5

9. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    80% loaded is extra info

You don't need the 80% to solve the question. You only need the primary and secondary voltages. So because its a Delta-Delta XFMR you would just divide the primary by the secondary. 13200/480=27.5.

Thanks,

11. Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by cnowak View Post
    You don't need the 80% to solve the question. You only need the primary and secondary voltages. So because its a Delta-Delta XFMR you would just divide the primary by the secondary. 13200/480=27.5.
    👍

Subscribe

Share this thread