Follow Us

Holes in 22KV Busbar

1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Holes in 22KV Busbar

Hi there,
    I hope you all are doing well. I need a suggestion, that we have a 22KV busbar and already provided holes are somehow out means we can't use them for fastening our busbar with the bus support insulator. Can we make new holes? while leaving the old ones open. I am curious that how new holes will affect the mechanical strength and other characteristics of the busbar.

3. RabbleRabble is offline Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Waqas2121 View Post
    Hi there,
    I hope you all are doing well. I need a suggestion, that we have a 22KV busbar and already provided holes are somehow out means we can't use them for fastening our busbar with the bus support insulator. Can we make new holes? while leaving the old ones open. I am curious that how new holes will affect the mechanical strength and other characteristics of the busbar.
    You will reduce the ampacity as you reduce the cross sectional area.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Waqas2121 View Post
    Hi there,
    As others have stated, you will lower the ampacity of the bus bar by making additional holes. With that said, depending on how many holes and the size, you might be able to modify without greatly affecting the bus bar. It's hard to say without detailed specifications.

Subscribe

Share this thread