Follow Us

Guidenace to ETT certification

1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Guidenace to ETT certification

Hi All,
    I need some guidance how to get certified and where should I start. could I skip level 1 &2 and go straight to level 3 or 4? Is there any pre requirement to get certified. I am an electrical; engineer but interested to get certified. Please advise.

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by KhalidShiaa View Post
    Hi All,
    I need some guidance how to get certified and where should I start. could I skip level 1 &2 and go straight to level 3 or 4? Is there any pre requirement to get certified. I am an electrical; engineer but interested to get certified. Please advise.
    If you are talking about NETA exams, there are education/experience requirements for NETA II/III/IV. As soon as you are hired with a NETA company you are NETA I, but to move up you require 2 years experience or 1 year plus an associates/bachelor degree to take the NETA II exam. If you meet all the experience requirements, I was told you can take all 3 exams at once, but if you fail any sub-exam you stay at the lowest cert until you pass (i.e. take NETA II and III and pass the III but fail II, you still sit at NETA I). I have never seen a company authorize taking consecutive exams like this, so it is still a urban legend in my experience. Since the first requirement is that you are employed by a NETA credited company, they are responsible for submitting you for exam through NETA.

Only a single 2 yr degree is used toward taking off 1yr of experience from the required time to take exams, anything more is not used.
    See link for certification requirements: https://www.netaworld.org/accreditat...-certification

I unfortunately cannot speak for NICET exams.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Appreciate your reply

Many thanks Kalbi. Appreciate your reply and the great information to start. I will try to reach NETA and find out more information.

Subscribe

Share this thread