×
Follow Us
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Doble Protection Suite F6150e Setting

 Jump to latest post
    #1
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    7
    Reputation

    Doble Protection Suite F6150e Setting

    hello all,

    I am trying to check all my imput and ouput contact on my Protection relay SEL-351S using doble F6150e
    can you tell me what's wrong on it.

    thanks you ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails relayseeting1.png  

    relayseeting2.png  

    Last edited by ACOUNDOUL; February 8, 2020 at 07:43 AM.

  2. #2
  3. Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ACOUNDOUL View Post
    hello all,

    I am trying to check all my imput and ouput contact on my Protection relay SEL-351S using doble F6150e
    can you tell me what's wrong on it.

    thanks you ,
    In the picture you have LP 1-8 check marks, but you're trying to sense on LN 1-8 inputs?

  4. #3
  5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    In the picture you have LP 1-8 check marks, but you're trying to sense on LN 1-8 inputs?
    Thank you for your comments. I just started using doble. If you have some documents or instructions who can help me i will be appreciated.

  6. #4
  7. gchoquette is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Reputation

    Try using a three-phase multimeter first.

    Quote Originally Posted by ACOUNDOUL View Post
    Thank you for your comments. I just started using doble. If you have some documents or instructions who can help me i will be appreciated.
    Please give us a little more information, so we can help.

    I presume your test is for educational purposes. I see you have voltage outputs selected (on first), but not currents. Generally, relays will trip off currents, but some also include voltage.

    If you are totally new, I recommend you set up the F6150 for testing against a three-phase multimeter such as the Megger PMM-1 or the Arbiter model 932a. (I am not associated with either of these companies)
    https://www.arbiter.com/catalog/prod...m-analyzer.php

    The Arbiter measures all of the basic quantities: "true-rms voltage and current, frequency and phase angle, as well as power quantities such as watts (W), watthours (Wh), volt-amperes (VA), volt-ampere hours (VAh), volt-amperes reactive (VAR), volt-amperes reactive hours (VARh), and power factor (PF)."
    "Other key functions include a timer/counter for measuring relay operating times, elapsed test times, or for counting input rates and events."

    This will be a good learning experience and you will be able to fully use the Protection Suite control panel. You will then have a much better idea how to operate the control panel and be ready for testing relays.

    You could also use single phase multimeter like a Fluke 87, but it will take you longer and you will not appreciate all the capabilities of the F6150 (or any other relay test set for that matter)

    Using a three phase multimeter, connect all the voltage and current leads. You can also connect some digital outputs to the meter digital input.

    Please start with that, give us pictures of your setup if you have any problems and we will be able to help further.

  8. #5
  9. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by gchoquette View Post
    Please give us a little more information, so we can help.

    I presume your test is for educational purposes. I see you have voltage outputs selected (on first), but not currents. Generally, relays will trip off currents, but some also include voltage.

    If you are totally new, I recommend you set up the F6150 for testing against a three-phase multimeter such as the Megger PMM-1 or the Arbiter model 932a. (I am not associated with either of these companies)
    https://www.arbiter.com/catalog/prod...m-analyzer.php

    The Arbiter measures all of the basic quantities: "true-rms voltage and current, frequency and phase angle, as well as power quantities such as watts (W), watthours (Wh), volt-amperes (VA), volt-ampere hours (VAh), volt-amperes reactive (VAR), volt-amperes reactive hours (VARh), and power factor (PF)."
    "Other key functions include a timer/counter for measuring relay operating times, elapsed test times, or for counting input rates and events."

    This will be a good learning experience and you will be able to fully use the Protection Suite control panel. You will then have a much better idea how to operate the control panel and be ready for testing relays.

    You could also use single phase multimeter like a Fluke 87, but it will take you longer and you will not appreciate all the capabilities of the F6150 (or any other relay test set for that matter)

    Using a three phase multimeter, connect all the voltage and current leads. You can also connect some digital outputs to the meter digital input.

    Please start with that, give us pictures of your setup if you have any problems and we will be able to help further.
    Thank you all output and input contact work well ...

  10. #6
  11. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ACOUNDOUL View Post
    Thank you all output and input contact work well ...
    I recommend NOT using control panel - it's too many things to check. If you use Ssimul, you can accomplish the same, much easier. Set your state time for something very long (3000 Sec).

Subscribe

Login or register to leave a reply!


Share this thread

Related Topics

  1. Ground fault trips at half of setting
    By joenavymctest in forum P&C / Relay Testing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 6, 2020, 08:45 AM
  2. Doble Protection Suite F6150e Prefault Voltage, Current, Angle
    By ACOUNDOUL in forum P&C / Relay Testing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 21, 2020, 11:02 AM
  3. GE Protection Setting Help
    By jomawi in forum P&C / Relay Testing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 15, 2018, 04:46 PM

Tags for this Thread



Related Content


Follow us


Explore TestGuy


NETA Certification Training


NICET Electrical Power Testing


Help and Support