×
Follow Us
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Blown fuse protective devices

 Jump to latest post
    #1
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1
    Reputation

    Blown fuse protective devices

    On which of the following pieces of equipment would you most likely NOT find a blown fuse protective device?

  2. #2
  3. Kmcphatter is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    MCCB... Look at the other answers in that question. They are all fused...

    Quote Originally Posted by Balima View Post
    On which of the following pieces of equipment would you most likely NOT find a blown fuse protective device?

  4. #3
  5. kchenoweth is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Balima View Post
    On which of the following pieces of equipment would you most likely NOT find a blown fuse protective device?
    What are the choices?

  6. #4
  7. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmcphatter View Post
    MCCB... Look at the other answers in that question. They are all fused...
    I answered MCCB and was counted incorrect, I don't recall all the answers. I believe it may be the 3000A bolted CB?

  8. #5
  9. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumanchik View Post
    I answered MCCB and was counted incorrect, I don't recall all the answers. I believe it may be the 3000A bolted CB?
    apperently it is not the 3000A CB either

  10. #6
  11. Kalbi_Rob's Avatar
    Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    157
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Balima View Post
    On which of the following pieces of equipment would you most likely NOT find a blown fuse protective device?
    Which of the following is LEAST likely to contain a blown fuse trip device? Ans.
    A. molded case circuit breaker
    B. 360 amp 4.16 KV motor starter
    C. low voltage power circuit breaker
    D. 200 amp fused safety switch
    E. none of the above

    According to this question saved by our question database, D) 200A Fused Safety Switch is the answer

    which makes sense, since the safety switch would typically be upstream of other devices, making it less likely to blow.

  12. #7
  13. SecondGen's Avatar
    SecondGen is offline
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    393
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbi_Rob View Post
    Which of the following is LEAST likely to contain a blown fuse trip device? Ans.
    A. molded case circuit breaker
    B. 360 amp 4.16 KV motor starter
    C. low voltage power circuit breaker
    D. 200 amp fused safety switch
    E. none of the above

    According to this question saved by our question database, D) 200A Fused Safety Switch is the answer

    which makes sense, since the safety switch would typically be upstream of other devices, making it less likely to blow.
    Agree, its doubtful you will find a blown fuse protection device on a tiny 200A fused safety switch. Finding them on MCCB's is probably becoming less-common as well.

  14. #8
  15. Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1
    Reputation

    On which of the following pieces of equipment would you most likely NOT find a blown

    All the other devices could have (but don't have to use fuses) fuses. I have never seen a fuse used with a Molded case breaker. So, the Molded case breaker should be the answer.

  16. #9
  17. SecondGen's Avatar
    SecondGen is offline
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    393
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by fdotson View Post
    I have never seen a fuse used with a Molded case breaker. So, the Molded case breaker should be the answer.
    Look up Tri-Pac molded case breakers. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ge-tri-pac-breaker-1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	453

Subscribe

Login or register to leave a reply!


Share this thread

Tags for this Thread



Related Content


Follow us


Explore TestGuy


NETA Certification Training


NICET Electrical Power Testing


Help and Support