Follow Us

2 trigger sources, one output, all 120VAC

1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    2 trigger sources, one output, all 120VAC

I need to assemble a device to operate a 120VAC 1/8hp fan motor triggeded by one of 2 120VAC switching devices. One device will be a standard IR motion sensor; the other, a countdown single pole switch. I am assuming that most motion sensors are not equipped to handle voltage on the load side (supplied by the countdown timer) when the motion sensor is open since they now all appear to be solid state.

I am sure I am over-complicating things. Thank you for your assistance!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Semo99 View Post
    I need to assemble a device to operate a 120VAC 1/8hp fan motor triggeded by one of 2 120VAC switching devices. One device will be a standard IR motion sensor; the other, a countdown single pole switch. I am assuming that most motion sensors are not equipped to handle voltage on the load side (supplied by the countdown timer) when the motion sensor is open since they now all appear to be solid state.

I am sure I am over-complicating things. Thank you for your assistance!
    I would use Aux relays that are rated for inductive switching or you may fry the contacts of you switch or IR sensor. Most relays have a HP rating on them. Just make sure the rating exceeds (V & HP) what you are switching.

Subscribe

Share this thread