Follow Us

FR Clothing for smaller guys

Jump to latest post
  1. DaveConcep998 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    FR Clothing for smaller guys

does anyone have any tips on buying FR clothing as a smaller person? I'm 5'5" with 29" waist. The Ariat Bootcut seemed like it would work the best but the legs are still huge.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I would recommend taking your FR gear to the tailor so you can get it to fit right. Your company should reimburse you for that cost. I have done this mainly to repair pockets and hem pants.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveConcep998 View Post
    does anyone have any tips on buying FR clothing as a smaller person? I'm 5'5" with 29" waist. The Ariat Bootcut seemed like it would work the best but the legs are still huge.
    It may be a little different because I am a woman, but if you order from the Ariat website, you can get their pants in a "short" size. I'm 5'3 so when I wear boots they are actually perfect. As for shirts, Carhart has small FR shirts that fit pretty well. You can get them at Boot Barn, online, or at most feed supply stores. Hope this helped!

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234 View Post
    I would recommend taking your FR gear to the tailor so you can get it to fit right. Your company should reimburse you for that cost. I have done this mainly to repair pockets and hem pants.
    At a previous company we had an issue with our shirts being recalled because the thread they used to attache the logos was not rated for FR. Just something to consider.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveConcep998 View Post
    You should look at what AGO has to offer. We find that they have a nice range of FR, and the comfort/fit is really good

www.taifaengineering.com

11. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    What about arc flash gear? I'm 5'9" 140 lbs, and pretty much swimming in most gear. I at least got some properly sized gloves finally.

13. Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by TaifaEngineering View Post
    You should look at what AGO has to offer. We find that they have a nice range of FR, and the comfort/fit is really good

www.taifaengineering.com
    Came to post AGO as well, it's all my company uses. Lots of sizes and styles to choose from!

Subscribe

Share this thread