×
Follow Us
Results 1 to 7 of 7

What test reporting software are you using?

 Jump to latest post
    #1
  1. SecondGen's Avatar
    SecondGen is offline
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Reputation

    What test reporting software are you using?

    We are still on PowerDB 10 and itís a nightmare, constant problems with getting job history and synchronizing our data. It could be the way we are using it, Iíve tried the new version a few times with rental equipment and it seems OK but our company wont upgrade.

    Just curious as to what other guys are using and why you like/dislike it, Iím ready to go back to Word Documents and Excel Sheets.

  2. #2
  3. phasor's Avatar
    phasor is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    13
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    We are still on PowerDB 10 and itís a nightmare, constant problems with getting job history and synchronizing our data. It could be the way we are using it, Iíve tried the new version a few times with rental equipment and it seems OK but our company wont upgrade.

    Just curious as to what other guys are using and why you like/dislike it, Iím ready to go back to Word Documents and Excel Sheets.
    PowerDB 11 Pro here and honestly I can't really complain about it at all.

  4. #3
  5. SecondGen's Avatar
    SecondGen is offline
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by phasor View Post
    PowerDB 11 Pro here and honestly I can't really complain about it at all.
    What kind of setup are you guys using, stock forms or custom? Do you host your own master DB?

  6. #4
  7. phasor's Avatar
    phasor is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    13
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    What kind of setup are you guys using, stock forms or custom? Do you host your own master DB?
    They are custom forms we have a person at our company who takes care of all PowerDB issues for us.

  8. #5
  9. SecondGen's Avatar
    SecondGen is offline
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by phasor View Post
    They are custom forms we have a person at our company who takes care of all PowerDB issues for us.
    We use a mixture of forms and they need work. Our main DB is hosted elsewhere and we are constantly on the phone with support. How many techs do you have working in a DB?

  10. #6
  11. Kalbi_Rob's Avatar
    Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    121
    Reputation
    All three of the companies I've worked for have used PowerDB. Each company had a different way of using PowerDB. My first company transferred over from Excel and Word documents to PowerDB. They also made the transition the best with a overall administrator who had a complaint/resolution intranet page dedicated to customizing powerDB pages. The second company printed off the sheets for techs, then hired a temp to input the data into powerDB (they didn't want to pay for multiple licenses). My current company has an administrator that doesn't understand PowerDB. Thus we are left with inadequate default test forms.
    One unique way to sync, is to put a database on a thumb drive, sync your database with the master database, then with the thumb drive. You can then pass the thumb drive around a job site when internet access is limited, or you forget to create a job early. My first company did this and it worked great.

  12. #7
  13. SecondGen's Avatar
    SecondGen is offline
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbi_Rob View Post
    All three of the companies I've worked for have used PowerDB. Each company had a different way of using PowerDB. My first company transferred over from Excel and Word documents to PowerDB. They also made the transition the best with a overall administrator who had a complaint/resolution intranet page dedicated to customizing powerDB pages. The second company printed off the sheets for techs, then hired a temp to input the data into powerDB (they didn't want to pay for multiple licenses). My current company has an administrator that doesn't understand PowerDB. Thus we are left with inadequate default test forms.
    One unique way to sync, is to put a database on a thumb drive, sync your database with the master database, then with the thumb drive. You can then pass the thumb drive around a job site when internet access is limited, or you forget to create a job early. My first company did this and it worked great.
    Sounds like we may be in a similar situation, I think the biggest problem we have is lack of a dedicated DB person who has field experience. Our company used to do the memory stick method but now we sync to a central file on the cloud.

    I constantly have issues trying to get my data to sync, attaching external documents is a nightmare in itself sometimes and how come they don't show up in the print dialog?! Our forms need work too, just little things like tab order and data field types would make a big difference.

Subscribe

Login or register to leave a reply!


Share this thread

Related Topics

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 22, 2018, 12:22 PM


Related Content


Follow us


Explore TestGuy


NETA Certification Training


NICET Electrical Power Testing


Help and Support