Follow Us

Electrical Single Line Question

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Electrical Single Line Question

Hello All,

When looking at a single line drawing, if circuit breaker ratings don't specify AT or AF but only have one rating, such as 400A, does that indicate the breaker is a 400AF or set to 400AT?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua122042 View Post
    Hello All,

When looking at a single line drawing, if circuit breaker ratings don't specify AT or AF but only have one rating, such as 400A, does that indicate the breaker is a 400AF or set to 400AT?

Thanks!
    It is likely a designation for a fixed size breaker, where there is no ability to vary the breaker rating via a rating plug or settings. It could also be preliminary design drawings were the type/manufacturer of the breakers is not known, so it is simply specifying the required rating, which in this example could end up being something like 800AF/400AT or several other legitimate combinations.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer20001us View Post
    It is likely a designation for a fixed size breaker, where there is no ability to vary the breaker rating via a rating plug or settings. It could also be preliminary design drawings were the type/manufacturer of the breakers is not known, so it is simply specifying the required rating, which in this example could end up being something like 800AF/400AT or several other legitimate combinations.
    Thanks for the info! This answer my questions perfectly.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua122042 View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks!
    Most likely the frame provision for that section. Switchgear cells are typically sized for a specific frame size and the sensors/plug are used to determine the continuous current rating for the particular load.

Subscribe

Login or register to leave a reply!

Share this thread