Follow Us

How are NETA test scores calculated?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    How are NETA test scores calculated?

Does anyone know how the score is calculated?
    I know that you need a 410 or greater to pass, but I am not sure what the score would be if you answered every question correctly.
    I also have to assume that questions are worth tiered amount of points based on difficulty.

3. ecubed is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by sthrcave View Post
    I know that you need a 410 or greater to pass, but I am not sure what the score would be if you answered every question correctly.
    I also have to assume that questions are worth tiered amount of points based on difficulty.
    There are 500 points available. You are also correct regarding the questions based on difficulty.

If you ignore it, it will fail.
    Seasoned Member
    I was told that all questions are weighted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sthrcave View Post
    Warren Garber
    Have a great day!

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    NETA test challenge

Is anyone familiar with challenging questions after the test? I scored a 407 and there were 2 questions that I thought had all incorrect choices. I challenged them through my NETA rep but no-one that I know is familiar with what to expect/how long the process takes.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by adamstraub View Post
    Is anyone familiar with challenging questions after the test? I scored a 407 and there were 2 questions that I thought had all incorrect choices. I challenged them through my NETA rep but no-one that I know is familiar with what to expect/how long the process takes.
    There is no such thing as all incorrect choices. The questions also do not have the same amount of points like someone else claimed so you can't just divide 500 to the number of questions.
    The first thing to do when you fail (or even after you passed) is to get inside the car and write down as many questions and, if possible, answers and put together a study on this website or together with other co-workers that attended the test. Meet once a month at least and review a couple of topics.

If you ignore it, it will fail.
    Seasoned Member
    slts1991, After many discussions directly with the test comity for NETA they did confirm that ALL test questions are weighted exactly the same. Not all tests are equal, some are harder than others, and there are about six different tests that can be administered. You are correct you can not just divide your score by 500 because some of the questions on the test are not even scored but are test questions for the NETA database of questions. These new unscored questions are asked to validate any possible new questions and how they are answered. We do not know what questions those are or exactly how many of the 100 questions are actually scored but there are dummy questions in the test for them to gain knowledge from so 100 questions is not actually 100 questions to average. I also agree that writing down questions while they are fresh in your mind is the best way to assemble a study guide for future tests and technicians.

Quote Originally Posted by slts1991 View Post
    There is no such thing as all incorrect choices. The questions also do not have the same amount of points like someone else claimed so you can't just divide 500 to the number of questions.
    The first thing to do when you fail (or even after you passed) is to get inside the car and write down as many questions and, if possible, answers and put together a study on this website or together with other co-workers that attended the test. Meet once a month at least and review a couple of topics.
    Warren Garber
    Have a great day!

Subscribe

Share this thread