Follow Us

Seismic Controls Testing

1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Seismic Controls Testing

Anyone have any clue what kind of equipment and training we would need to have to offer these services?

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by irishguy2010 View Post
    Anyone have any clue what kind of equipment and training we would need to have to offer these services?
    Check out this whitepaper from EATON regarding Earthquake requirements and seismic capabilities, specifically page 16 talks about their laboratory and test methodologies. It's a good read, I've included some screenshots below showing the shake table used to test. This should help point you in the right direction far as test equipment and procedures but I'm not sure where to find training on this.

https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/ea...-equipment.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siesmic-test-table-example.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	368

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siesmic-test-example.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	369

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    Check out this whitepaper from EATON regarding Earthquake requirements and seismic capabilities, specifically page 16 talks about their laboratory and test methodologies. It's a good read, I've included some screenshots below showing the shake table used to test. This should help point you in the right direction far as test equipment and procedures but I'm not sure where to find training on this.
    Thanks for the whitepaper, what I am referring to is testing the seismic control requirements as laid out in typical division 26 specifications for electrical cabinets and enclosures. After being installed there is a method of test involving drilling penetrations into a wall and using a small simulated earth-shock test set that subjects the build to force to ensure the electrical equipment will not fall off a wall.

I can seem to find what this equipment is called though.

Subscribe

Share this thread