Follow Us

ATS Controller Display Screen Corrupted

Jump to latest post
    I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    ATS Controller Display Screen Corrupted

Anyone ever experience ATS controller screens that are displaying crazy code, is this a glitch in the matrix? You can just push menu scroll to clear the condition but I'm curious to know how common this is and if anyone knows what causes it. Pic related.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ats-controller-screen-corrupted.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	345

3. ironshovel77 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    bad unit

Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    Anyone ever experience ATS controller screens that are displaying crazy code, is this a glitch in the matrix? You can just push menu scroll to clear the condition but I'm curious to know how common this is and if anyone knows what causes it. Pic related.
    i have worked with way to many ATS it looks like a corrupt line of code in the program.The issue can sometimes get worse as the unit is used over time . It can also be a issue with the screen (but if it goes away one another screen probably not) either way look at changing the unit out . one a side note thank you for all the posts and help you put up

If you ignore it, it will fail.
    Seasoned Member

I have a customer that has three facilities each with two ATS's. Two of the ATS's now look the same as yours. Maybe if we decode them ASCO would give us a prize. Lol. All joking a side they seem to waver in and out on the ones I have experience with. I guess it is time to replace them.

NICET Level I (ID: 150100)
    NICET Level 1 Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by ironshovel77 View Post
    i have worked with way to many ATS it looks like a corrupt line of code in the program.The issue can sometimes get worse as the unit is used over time . It can also be a issue with the screen (but if it goes away one another screen probably not) either way look at changing the unit out . one a side note thank you for all the posts and help you put up
    Not necessarily the same issue, but during startup we had an ATS that ASCO accidentally swapped the Preferred Source ("Normal") and Alternative Source ("Emergency") voltage taps...... The installing electrical contractor almost had a heart attack thinking he landed the 750MCMs in the incorrect lugs...

Name:	Webp.net-compress-image.jpg 
Size:	820.3 KB 
ID:	351

9. bbryant is offline Junior Member
    Known Issue

This is a known issue. If you hit any button it will refresh the screen and clear the odd characters. However, they will re-appear after a short period of time. You have two options. 1. Asco can update the software which refreshes the screen automatically every second. This option works most of the time. The other option is to replace the control panel.

Subscribe

Share this thread