Follow Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What material should I study for the NETA Level III Exam?

Jump to latest post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. JustASmallTownGirl is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    What material should I study for the NETA Level III Exam?

Hey I am taking my NETA III test soon and was wondering if anyone has any advice on what exactly I should study. I've noticed in the past that sometimes if you've study what the test outline says that it ends not being on the test. So does anyone who has/knows the test can tell me some pointers on what topics are more important and relevant to the test.

Thanks

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by JustASmallTownGirl View Post
    Hey I am taking my NETA III test soon and was wondering if anyone has any advice on what exactly I should study. I've noticed in the past that sometimes if you've study what the test outline says that it ends not being on the test. So does anyone who has/knows the test can tell me some pointers on what topics are more important and relevant to the test.

Thanks
    Between NETAworld tech quizzes and testguy quizzes, I was able to pass with questions similar on the NETA III exam. About 70% come from those two sources, but the last 30% is evaluating equipment operation which is more of a luck of the draw as to your experience. Examples are like given this schematic and testing the overload (i.e. 51) what will the next component to operate, or here's a picture can you tell me what it is, or relay tripped and you found the tap screw loose explain what could have caused this.
    Best of luck, or hope you did well depending on when your test is.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbi_Rob View Post
    Between NETAworld tech quizzes and testguy quizzes, I was able to pass with questions similar on the NETA III exam. About 70% come from those two sources, but the last 30% is evaluating equipment operation which is more of a luck of the draw as to your experience. Examples are like given this schematic and testing the overload (i.e. 51) what will the next component to operate, or here's a picture can you tell me what it is, or relay tripped and you found the tap screw loose explain what could have caused this.
    Best of luck, or hope you did well depending on when your test is.
    What is the cause of a loose tap screw? I've seen this question about the relay tripping before but I don't remember the options...

If you ignore it, it will fail.
    Seasoned Member
    Loose Screw?

Quote Originally Posted by samair99 View Post
    What is the cause of a loose tap screw? I've seen this question about the relay tripping before but I don't remember the options...
    I can not figure that one out either. I know it was on the last test I took though. I just can not remember the options for the answers. It could be that the tech did not install it correctly after testing. Once a tap screw is in it is in?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrengarber View Post
    I can not figure that one out either. I know it was on the last test I took though. I just can not remember the options for the answers. It could be that the tech did not install it correctly after testing. Once a tap screw is in it is in?
    My guess was going to be technician did not install correctly after testing. Can't think of any other reason why this would be other than some kind of vibration which could cause the relay to trip and work the tap loose but even that would need to be pretty violent and is unlikely.

Seasoned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustASmallTownGirl View Post

Thanks
    How did you do? We are starting a study group on discord for this next testing cycle. Thank you
    Warren Garber
    Have a great day!

13. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Discord

How did you do? We are starting a study group on discord for this next testing cycle. Thank you

I would be interested in participating in the study group as well if this is still a thing.

Seasoned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sthrcave View Post
    I would be interested in participating in the study group as well if this is still a thing.
    Go to the thread NETA Level III Study Group and respond to get an invite to the Discord group. Thank you
    Warren Garber
    Have a great day!

17. Join Date
    Jan 2021
    not excessive vibration.

On a 87 diff relay, the tap screw was found to be loose but tripped. What would cause it to be come loose?

19. alysaleh is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Go to the thread NETA Level III Study Group and respond to get an invite to the Discord group. Thank you
    anyone have any practice exams or other material?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe

Share this thread