Follow Us

zig zag xmfr

1. KLLU26 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    zig zag xmfr

ran into a couple zig zag xfmrs the other day and was wondering if anyone had a good source of information on them. the techs i was working with said they don't run into to many of them in the field very often.

i was TTRing them and was getting ratios of 4, 4.5, and 5.4.

from what i gathered, part of the coil is present in the adjacent coil, and their purpose is to have a zero phase shift between the delta-wye configuration?

thanks

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by KLLU26 View Post
    ran into a couple zig zag xfmrs the other day and was wondering if anyone had a good source of information on them. the techs i was working with said they don't run into to many of them in the field very often.

from what i gathered, part of the coil is present in the adjacent coil, and their purpose is to have a zero phase shift between the delta-wye configuration?

thanks
    Our local Utility keeps threatening us with using zig-zag transformers for ground protection (low impedance to ground), but the contractors keep ordering wye/delta transformers instead. As for the TTR, I've always found the back of the Vanguard TTR manual helpful in determining how to hook up my ttr for a proper turns ratio based on the ANSI description. It will tell you how to hook up the ttr and if a jumper is needed to get the proper turns ratio.

atrt-03_user_manual_app_B.pdf

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by KLLU26 View Post

thanks
    As for some basic informative reading on zig-zag see ECM Mag.

https://www.ecmweb.com/content/basic...g-transformers

Subscribe

Share this thread