Follow Us

Just passed NETA 2 exam, tips inside

Jump to latest post
  1. Jwalsh is offline Junior Member
    Just passed NETA 2 exam, tips inside

Just passed Neta ll. Used Test Guy for 50% of prep. There were only a few test guy questions on there, but it helped me find my weak points. I definitely had a lot of questions on LSIG breakers....

Lord of the Lightning
    Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalsh View Post
    Just passed Neta ll. Used Test Guy for 50% of prep. There were only a few test guy questions on there, but it helped me find my weak points. I definitely had a lot of questions on LSIG breakers....
    Any tips on the exam? I heard they did an overhaul on the exam and it was different than previous revisions. Do you happen to remember any of the questions?

5. drez520 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalsh View Post

DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS OR QUSTIONS THAT YOU MAY REMEMBER???? IM TAKEN THE TEST SOON ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE WILL HELP.

7. CEBrighton is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    April Exams

Morning all,

What type of exam are they putting out this round? Last round was heavily loaded with motor questions and relays for the level 2. Exam is next week just trying to be better prepared than my last attempt.

Thank you,

9. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by CEBrighton View Post
    Morning all,

What type of exam are they putting out this round? Last round was heavily loaded with motor questions and relays for the level 2. Exam is next week just trying to be better prepared than my last attempt.

Thank you,
    Took the exam on April 1. Passed it. There were a lot of questions on breakers, transformers. Overall I would say that the test is about how familiar are you to the standards and how much experience do you have with testing.

11. KLLU26 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    NETA level 2 PASSED 4.26.2019

Took my test this morning and PASSED! definitely wasn't feeling very confident and there was more than one question on there that i wasn't familiar with but i made some educated guesses and spent some time taking the practice exams on this site. just finished book 5 of my IBEW apprenticeship last week. that helped alot with familiarizing myself with the material as well.

13. anthony is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Remeber any specifuc questions?

I am taking the NETA 2 tomorrow. Do you remember any specifics? Have any advice on what I should be reviewing?

15. KLLU26 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony View Post
    I am taking the NETA 2 tomorrow. Do you remember any specifics? Have any advice on what I should be reviewing?
    Be familiar with your formulas, use the page they provide. Know how to calculate different impedance in series and parallel, some basic safety and confined space related questions, stuff on temporary grounds and LOTO, know your one lines and schematic diagrams and transformer calculations, stuff on arresters and know your different meters and what they do. And the ANSI numbers. It was 100 questions in 2 hours and I feel it covered a pretty broad range of topics. It didn’t have a lot of one particular topic. Like I said a lot of stuff I didn’t feel familiar with I just used an educated guess. Take your time and good luck!

17. anthony is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

19. K2572019 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    NETA Level 2 Test

I took the test 4/27/19 and did not pass. I got the 407 and needed 410. A few things from my experiences on this site and the test.

1. The practice exam will open up your eyes to what you don't know and the articles about the topics are good to know.
    2. You find out your results as soon as you finish as well as a break down in categories that you did good and bad in.
    3. Read the NETA MTS And ATS and know all the steps of the tests.
    4. Know breaker schematics
    5. The test goes quick so take the time to recheck your answers the time allotted is a longer than you need.
    6. There was under 10 questions that were similar to the sample tests. There was probably 50 that were in the same ballpark. There were 40 that were not ever discussed here or in the NETA world magazines such as schematics and what to do if you found different problems in the field.

Subscribe

Share this thread