Follow Us

GE SR745 Protective Relay

1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    GE SR745 Protective Relay

I was wondering if anyone had any type of spreadsheet or formula on how to calculate the currents needed to operate different parts of a differential slope. I am looking to be able to type in a primary winding current, and have it calculate the amount of secondary current needed to trip on differential. I have contacted GE and they do not have anything and basically state that we should just trust the relay. I have had so many relays fail in the past year that I do not trust their relays.

.2*CT diff p/u
    25% slope1
    1*CT break
    98% slope 2

16MVA, 1200:5 primary, 3000:5 secondary, 13.8kV-4.16kV, Dyn1

I have a spreadsheet that allows me to input Winding 1 test amps and Winding 2 test amps. Based off of those it will tell me if I will see a trip or no trip. But I want to know the specific calculated pick up instead of having to continuously change my current values in the spreadsheet to get an approximate pick up.

Thanks

I use to be disgusted, now I'm just amused!
    Diff Spreadsheets

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricalTestTech View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any type of spreadsheet or formula on how to calculate the currents needed to operate different parts of a differential slope. I am looking to be able to type in a primary winding current, and have it calculate the amount of secondary current needed to trip on differential. I have contacted GE and they do not have anything and basically state that we should just trust the relay. I have had so many relays fail in the past year that I do not trust their relays.

.2*CT diff p/u
    25% slope1
    1*CT break
    98% slope 2

16MVA, 1200:5 primary, 3000:5 secondary, 13.8kV-4.16kV, Dyn1

I have a spreadsheet that allows me to input Winding 1 test amps and Winding 2 test amps. Based off of those it will tell me if I will see a trip or no trip. But I want to know the specific calculated pick up instead of having to continuously change my current values in the spreadsheet to get an approximate pick up.

Thanks
    I sent a couple of spreadsheets to your e-mail address. Hope they help!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Relay1 View Post
    I sent a couple of spreadsheets to your e-mail address. Hope they help!
    Thank you. I will check them out tomorrow. I am trying to figure out this algorithm. It makes me mad that GE canít provide a tool that other manufacturers do. Iíll be back at it tomorrow morning

Thanks again

Subscribe

Login or register to leave a reply!

Share this thread