Follow Us

How hard is the NICET level 1 test?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    How hard is the NICET level 1 test?

So quick question. How hard is the level 1 test? I just started with a new company that requires a NICET cert and of the 2 new guys who got there before 2 of them failed. Just wondering what I was in for?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by brownalx View Post
    So quick question. How hard is the level 1 test? I just started with a new company that requires a NICET cert and of the 2 new guys who got there before 2 of them failed. Just wondering what I was in for?
    I passed mine the first time up and didn't think it was that tough. I'd say it's more about understanding principles that anything else. For example the test will not ask you the color of a ladder and ask for the weight limitation but it might instead give you the weight of an individual about to use a Class 3 ladder and ask if it's safe for that person to use.

5. NFSSW1 is offline Junior Member
    Level 1 is basically all safety related. A couple diagram and symbol questions. Basic test equipment questions. 90% is safety. 70E, Confined space, fall protection, ladders, fire extinguishers. It's pretty simple, I was able to pass it on my first attempt. If you're having troubles with it I would recommend retaking your OSHA 30 construction and/or taking a confined space training class.

NICET Level I (ID: 150100)
    NICET Level 1 Pro Subscriber
    Hey Alex,

Just passed my Level I exam last s=Saturday. I found that the majority of the questions were safety related, with most of them pertaining to the principles of operation.

For example, they'll ask about how different extinguishing agents actually fight the fire, vs asking about classes of extinguishers. If you took your OSHA 30 within the past 2 years you should be fine. - Best of luck (...and thank you for your service!)

9. Join Date
    May 2020
    I am taking the NICET 1 exam this friday and I've talked to the my work colleagues that have taken it and passed and they have all said that this exam was safety and definitions related with zero calculations. Like others have recommended in this thread, fire extinguishers, confined space, OSHA and NFPA 70E standards.

11. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    NICET Video Security Systems Technician certification

Looking for info on training although I have been in this field for years I am looking for training in this area and have gone through the whole list of recognized providers for this certificate with no luck. Does anyone here have the cert and did you take training if so where. any help would be greatly appreciated

13. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryderfzr1 View Post
    Looking for info on training although I have been in this field for years I am looking for training in this area and have gone through the whole list of recognized providers for this certificate with no luck. Does anyone here have the cert and did you take training if so where. any help would be greatly appreciated
    I used this site for my NICET 1.
    Other than the listed study materials they give you, practice tests are your best resource.
    The test is 90% safety.

15. Join Date
    Oct 2020
  17. Poonam is offline Junior Member
    Nicet Level -1

Hello Guys,
    I am planning to take nicet level 1 exam. would you please suggest me how can I study for nicet 1?
    what material should I use?
    which practice test is good for nicet level 1?
    I bought Fire Alarm Study Guide book for nicet level 1, Is this book sufficient or should I have to buy NFPA-72 (2019),
    NFPA -70 (2020)?

Subscribe

Share this thread