Follow Us

NICET level 1

1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    NICET level 1

So quick question. How hard is the level 1 test? I just started with a new company that requires a NICET cert and of the 2 new guys who got there before 2 of them failed. Just wondering what I was in for?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by brownalx View Post
    So quick question. How hard is the level 1 test? I just started with a new company that requires a NICET cert and of the 2 new guys who got there before 2 of them failed. Just wondering what I was in for?
    I passed mine the first time up and didn't think it was that tough. I'd say it's more about understanding principles that anything else. For example the test will not ask you the color of a ladder and ask for the weight limitation but it might instead give you the weight of an individual about to use a Class 3 ladder and ask if it's safe for that person to use.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by brownalx View Post
    Level 1 is basically all safety related. A couple diagram and symbol questions. Basic test equipment questions. 90% is safety. 70E, Confined space, fall protection, ladders, fire extinguishers. It's pretty simple, I was able to pass it on my first attempt. If you're having troubles with it I would recommend retaking your OSHA 30 construction and/or taking a confined space training class.

Subscribe

Login or register to leave a reply!