Follow Us

GE Protection Setting Help

1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    GE Protection Setting Help

hi, anybody with ge protection?
    I am questioning the signal source 2 setting. We are using source 2 for loss of excitation but the the source 2 setting has vt phase set at "none". will the loss of excitation function eventhough the setting of the source 2 vt phase is set at none?

ElectricalTestTech is offline NETA Level IV
    Affiliate Member
    Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by jomawi View Post
    I am questioning the signal source 2 setting. We are using source 2 for loss of excitation but the the source 2 setting has vt phase set at "none". will the loss of excitation function eventhough the setting of the source 2 vt phase is set at none?
    To be honest, I'm not sure! But the only way to find out would be to take the generator offline and test the relay with the as found settings. If its not possible to take the generator offline, acquire another relay and case, and upload the settings from the in service generator. Then you should be able to perform your relay testing to verify whether or not that function is working properly. If it isn't working on the "test" relay, then you can be certain it isn't working on the one in service.

Also I am not sure of the relay. Are you referring to a G60?

Sorry I can't give you a direct answer.

5. JohnnyH is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jomawi View Post
    I had the same issue with two GE F60’s except it was the ground ct signal source that was set to none. When I tested it, the ground fault protection would not operate. Once we selected a signal source it operated as expected. I would bet money that the loss of exitation element will not work until you select a signal source for it.

Subscribe

Share this thread