Follow Us

20/20/20 safety at the jobsite

Jump to latest post
  1. mookmeister80 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    20/20/20 safety at the jobsite

I've done some work on power plants for Fluor and they have what I believe is a great easy to remember tool to help contractors stay focused on safety at the jobsite, it's called 20/20/20.
    Every 20 minutes, take 20 seconds and look 20 feet around you.
    This helps you stay aware of changes to your surrounding environment and by only spending 1 minute every hour, stay focused on safety!!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thought another good safety guy there are not accidents only incidents. Everything we do puts us in a position to be safe or not.

He said even the guy that slips on a banana peel. Its the peoples fault; who threw it on the ground, the two people that saw it stepped over/around with out picking it up, and the one who wasn't watching where they where walking and stepped on it and fell. Any one individual could have stopped this incident from occurring.

"Every accident is a notice that something is wrong with men, methods, or material — investigate — then act."-Unknown

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mookmeister80 View Post
    I've done some work on power plants for Fluor and they have what I believe is a great easy to remember tool to help contractors stay focused on safety at the jobsite, it's called 20/20/20.
    This helps you stay aware of changes to your surrounding environment and by only spending 1 minute every hour, stay focused on safety!!!!
    I also worked at a company with that poster everywhere. Pretty difficult to actually implement as the busy day goes on, but it can certainly help to keep in mind.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mookmeister80 View Post
    So I gave this a try today and was amazed by how much I noticed. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to share it with the guys at my job!

Subscribe

Share this thread

Follow us

Explore TestGuy

NETA Certification Training

NICET Electrical Power Testing

Help and Support

You are viewing the archives. Enjoy new features and join the conversation at wiki.testguy.net