Follow Us

NICET exams vs. NETA exams?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    NICET exams vs. NETA exams?

Any of you folks know how the NICET power test exams compare to the NETA exams? I've gone through NETA 2, 3 and 4, and passed them. I'm looking to knock out the NICET exams next. I haven't found any forums, message board, etc on NICET. Anything you could share would be appreciated. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by McDaniel8402 View Post
    Any of you folks know how the NICET power test exams compare to the NETA exams? I've gone through NETA 2, 3 and 4, and passed them. I'm looking to knock out the NICET exams next. I haven't found any forums, message board, etc on NICET. Anything you could share would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I passed my Level I. It's basically the same as taking an OSHA 30 Safety class plus adding in a few testing technical terms. The Level I study guide on the homepage and the practice test had me pretty solidly prepared.

Some main point i remember:
    • hazard awareness training, basic first aid, confined space entrant and attendant procedure.
    • meggohmeter functions and purposes, as well as internal discharge circuits
    • choking / cpr practices
    • moving injured people, when or when not to.
    • electrical ppe, insulated gloves, hardhats, safety glasses, and arc flash cal ratings
    • business ethics, padding your timecard.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I'm in the process of doing the opposite. I'd say the NICET exams are very similar to the new version of NETA tests. Obviously NICET 1 would compare to NETA 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 4.

7. NFSSW1 is offline Junior Member
    NICET 2 - 4 are comparable to NETA 2 - 4.

NICET 1 is a safety exam. An OSHA 30 course and 6 - 12 months in the industry should prepare one to easily pass the exam.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by NFSSW1 View Post

NICET 1 is a safety exam. An OSHA 30 course and 6 - 12 months in the industry should prepare one to easily pass the exam.
    This is spot on with what I've seen and heard.

Riddle me this Batman
    neta vs nicet

Quote Originally Posted by Jlee277v View Post
    This is spot on with what I've seen and heard.
    a little late but neta and nicet are purposely similar, i worked with nicet to rework their program ~10 years ago

13. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by slopez88 View Post
    I'm in the process of doing the opposite. I'd say the NICET exams are very similar to the new version of NETA tests. Obviously NICET 1 would compare to NETA 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 4.
    I have to agree with this. I've taken NETA 1-3 tests and NICET 1-2 so far. NICET does seem to be about 1 level harder than that of NETA. They may be evening things out as of lately, but I have no need to take the actual NETA exams as I am and OEM field rep and we focus on NICET. Even though they are all based on the same ANSI standards!

15. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    New England - Level 2

Here we go. Round two for me on NETA level 2. Lets go.

Louie

17. Join Date
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by balugalou View Post
    Here we go. Round two for me on NETA level 2. Lets go.

Louie
    GoodLuck!

19. Join Date
    May 2020
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by NFSSW1 View Post

I took my first NICET exam a couple of weeks ago and it really was all safety and some business ethic question. OSHA 30 refresher or the OSHA 30 course and this test will be a breeze.

Subscribe

Share this thread