Follow Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Time curves for Siemens ETU745 & 766

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    24 VDC

I know you got the terminal locations already, but just want to put in that Siemens is very particular about the 24 VDC that is applied to the trip unit. Iv tried using just a basic variable power supply and the trip unit did not power on. I had to obtain their test power supply which puts out a very steady 24 VDC (comparable to normal variable power supply). The representative I talk with told me it is something about wavelength filtering of the 24 VDC.

NETA 2
    Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronCBI View Post
    I know you got the terminal locations already, but just want to put in that Siemens is very particular about the 24 VDC that is applied to the trip unit. Iv tried using just a basic variable power supply and the trip unit did not power on. I had to obtain their test power supply which puts out a very steady 24 VDC (comparable to normal variable power supply). The representative I talk with told me it is something about wavelength filtering of the 24 VDC.
    Do you have a model number of that power supply, I’ve been trying to get a hold of a representative for a week now with no response.

Kalbi_Rob is offline Experienced Member Pro Subscriber
    Yes, that is what I was talking about with DC ripple voltage. Either you have to have a DC Voltage Regulator or a proper Capacitor to filter out the DC ripple to be a pure DC signal. Essentially, you are must completely remove the AC sine wave into a pure DC flat voltage.
    Siemens electronics is very sensitive, and can be damaged if the ripple is too large.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Part#

Quote Originally Posted by oarreola View Post
    Do you have a model number of that power supply, I’ve been trying to get a hold of a representative for a week now with no response.
    6EP1332-5BA20

NETA 2
    Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    6EP1332-5BA20
    Thanks

11. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbi_Rob View Post
    This is the manual that answers your question, a little late, but good for anybody else:

https://docs.natlswgr.com/docs/W1000570.pdf
    To disable the ground fault during primary injection testing common 3 phases on the line side, then run current through 2 phases on the load side.

13. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by oarreola View Post
    What do you use to power up a ETU 776 trip unit out of the cubicle?
    look at the terminal block labeled x8 on the top of the breaker. The ETU 776 need 24v DC to power the trip unit.
    On the x8 terminal block, hook the hot lead 24v to port #3. Hook the neutral lead to port #4

15. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Alternative methods to disable GFP

Quote Originally Posted by scottbouch View Post
    To disable the ground fault during primary injection testing common 3 phases on the line side, then run current through 2 phases on the load side.
    Install jumpers between contacts 9-10 to disable NGS
    Install jumpers between contacts 11-12 to disable GFP

Subscribe

Share this thread