Follow Us

Have you ever used a Fluke 1750 power analyzer?

1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Have you ever used a Fluke 1750 power analyzer?

Im new so I don't even know if im doing this right? But I am new to the testing field al together. Maybe you guys can help me out. Have you ever used a Fluke 1750 power analyzer? Can you explain a little about it and what its purpose is?... Thanks

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    In a nutshell, the Fluke 1750 is a 3-phase power quality meter. These meters are used to measure the magnitude and relationships between voltage and current over time at extremely high speeds and records the readings to memory. The data can later be downloaded and plotted into various types graphs and tables, or viewed in real time.

Customers that experience consistent nuisance tripping or frequent voltage problems may want a PQ meter installed for a period of time (say 30 days for example) to determine exactly when, and how often, an issue is occurring. Engineers may use them to investigate what kind of loads are on a circuit before adding on to a system. These are just a couple of examples, the applications are almost limitless.

The 1750, specifically, is a top of the line model you would most likely use for complex analysis. You can find PQ meters in many shapes and sizes, the smaller ones are more suited for load studies or utility audits.

I've worked with this meter quite a bit. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try and answer them.

ElectricalTestTech is offline NETA Level IV
    Affiliate Member
    Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by NWILLJR1020 View Post
    Im new so I don't even know if im doing this right? But I am new to the testing field al together. Maybe you guys can help me out. Have you ever used a Fluke 1750 power analyzer? Can you explain a little about it and what its purpose is?... Thanks
    👍 what SecondGen said! I have experience as well if you have any direct questions.

Subscribe

Share this thread