Follow Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Pass Since the Change?

Jump to latest post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. SpencerLott is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Anyone Pass Since the Change?

Has anyone passed the level 2 since they changed it? If so, could you give some pointers as to what kind of material it covers/what to study? I'm taking it tomorrow and trying to do some last minute cramming. Any help would be appreciated!

ElectricalTestTech is offline NETA Level IV
    Affiliate Member
    Pro Subscriber
    The company I work for just had multiple level two tests passed. I do not know the specifics of the test but I can tell you they were over prepared and they use quite a bit of information from Testguy. They did study the power triangle. But by now I imagine you have already taken the test so maybe you could provide some insight from what you saw

5. SpencerLott is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricalTestTech View Post
    The company I work for just had multiple level two tests passed. I do not know the specifics of the test but I can tell you they were over prepared and they use quite a bit of information from Testguy. They did study the power triangle. But by now I imagine you have already taken the test so maybe you could provide some insight from what you saw
    I took it for the first time Friday and passed. I wouldn't say I was over-prepared, but much of what I had been studying wasn't on the test. I put a lot of focus on the power triangle, of which there was only one question. I would say the bulk of the test questions were standards for component testing, straight from the NETA book, with a few basic electrical theory questions and safety questions sprinkled throughout.

ElectricalTestTech is offline NETA Level IV
    Affiliate Member
    Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerLott View Post
    I took it for the first time Friday and passed. I wouldn't say I was over-prepared, but much of what I had been studying wasn't on the test. I put a lot of focus on the power triangle, of which there was only one question. I would say the bulk of the test questions were standards for component testing, straight from the NETA book, with a few basic electrical theory questions and safety questions sprinkled throughout.
    Congratulations on passing. A few of the guys I work with said their level 2 test was loaded with power triangle questions. In the end, all of the stuff offered on this site is very relevant to our field. So it's not like it was wasted knowledge. This site does a great job of offering a wide variety of information. So keep using the site and maybe you can share some questions with test guy to help the next person out. You don't need to provide questions verbatim from the test. Even just a sample question that you make up that still teaches somebody how to calculate or know the proper answer. This site is a very good tool.

Congratulations again. Good luck and be safe

9. dvansick2345 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber

11. dvansick2345 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    I'm taking my test Thursday any last minute advice?

13. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Neta 2 test

taking my neta 2 test tomorrow any advice on what to look into before so?

15. JtotheJ is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber

17. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Neta 2

Has anyone passed the level 2 since they changed it? If so, could you give some pointers as to what kind of material it covers/what to study? I'm taking it tomorrow and trying to do some last minute cramming. Any help would be appreciated!

19. Join Date
    May 2017
    I took it right after the change and the study material on here didn't really correlate at the time. Taking it again next month, hoping the site has been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe

Share this thread