Follow Us

P&C / Relay tech Forum?

1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    P&C / Relay tech Forum?

Any chance that TestGuy will create a relay specific forum? Lots of folks do both apparatus and relay, and would probably like insights from dedicated relay / P&C techs.

My suggestion would be Forum > Electrical Testing Forum > Relay Testing Talk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi Frierfly, thanks for the suggestion. Because many techs do both apparatus and relay testing, our original thought was that a general forum for all things electrical testing was the most streamlined approach. At the moment there probably aren't enough relay topics to warrant a separate forum but if enough people started talking relays we could easily move everything to a new space.

We would love to hear input from other members on this, please chime in with your thoughts.

ElectricalTestTech is offline NETA Level IV
    Affiliate Member
    Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by testguy View Post
    Hi Frierfly, thanks for the suggestion. Because many techs do both apparatus and relay testing, our original thought was that a general forum for all things electrical testing was the most streamlined approach. At the moment there probably aren't enough relay topics to warrant a separate forum but if enough people started talking relays we could easily move everything to a new space.

We would love to hear input from other members on this, please chime in with your thoughts.
    It's not a bad idea. I sure don't know everything about relaying but when it comes to testing relays on a customer end, interfacing with utility for Customer main breakers, I could try to help answer questions.

My website is very new and has a few electromechanical relay posts, but I typically come up with topics to post based off what I run across in the field. I am currently working on some GE SR469, SR750, SR745, and SR489s. I typically work with SEL, but work with SEPAM, Siprotec, basler, most electromechanical.

So if you would like to see something let me know. I can try to set something up. I like to contribute on TestGuy

Subscribe

Share this thread