Follow Us

Minimum Test Score Required to Pass?

Jump to latest post
  1. SpencerLott is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Minimum Test Score Required to Pass?

Im currently studying to take the level 2 this month, and I was curious as to what the minimum passing score is. I know it used to be 70% but it seems like I heard it increased when they changed the test. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerLott View Post
    Im currently studying to take the level 2 this month, and I was curious as to what the minimum passing score is. I know it used to be 70% but it seems like I heard it increased when they changed the test. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!
    Yes, it used to be 70% but NETA now says you need a passing score of 410 or higher on a scale of 200 to 500. I'm not exactly sure how this is measured. My guess would be you need at least a 73% to pass based on: 500-200 = 300 / 410 = 0.73, but this is just speculation.

I've heard that some questions have more weight to them than others, but again, just a rumor. One guy at my shop missed the NETA 3 by a fraction of a percent a few years ago, this was before they changed the scoring.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    Yes, it used to be 70% but NETA now says you need a passing score of 410 or higher on a scale of 200 to 500. I'm not exactly sure how this is measured. My guess would be you need at least a 73% to pass based on: 500-200 = 300 / 410 = 0.73, but this is just speculation.

I've heard that some questions have more weight to them than others, but again, just a rumor. One guy at my shop missed the NETA 3 by a fraction of a percent a few years ago, this was before they changed the scoring.
    I was told it was changed to 80%, but the explanation above seems legit

7. JtotheJ is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    They don't do a percent. Like someone said above it's out of 500 and some questions hold more weight than others.

9. EEBSMSPE96 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    It's still 70%

I just recently passed the NETA 2 exam. A passing score of 70% or greater is needed to pass the NETA 2 exam as well as the NETA 3 and NETA 4 exams. If you look at page 16 of ANSI/NETA ETT-2015 it shows this clearly in the table. A passing score of 410 points or higher out of 200 to 500 points is required. Here is how the 70% is calculated: [(410-200)/(500-200)] x 100% = 70%. Hope this answers the question for you.

Subscribe

Share this thread