Follow Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any words of advice for the NETA 2 exam?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Any words of advice for the NETA 2 exam?

Any suggestions for the NETA II test would be greatly appreciated

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Don't try to cram in the days leading up to your test. If you have plenty of time to prepare, start now! You shouldn't do a whole lot of studying the night before your exam, use that time to relax. If you feel like you have to study the night before, take a practice exam. I've also seen guys arrive to the test site early with their laptop and hotspot to take practice exams in the parking lot before they go in.

When you sit down for the test use every second of your time and use it wisely. You are not graded on how fast you complete the exam. Go through each question one at a time and read it slowly. This is very important because questions are worded to trick you.

If you don't know the answer off hand mark it for later and skip the question. When you reach the end of the test go back and work through the questions you have marked. Repeat this process with your unanswered questions.

Sometimes answers can be found in other questions. Make notes as you work through the exam about questions that relate to one another.

All of the math required for the exam can be found on the official formula sheet, sometimes you may have to use multiple equations to solve a problem.

Overall just be sure to relax because you cant think clearly. Eat a good healthy breakfast the day of your test and get plenty of sleep the night before.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck on your exam!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Test questions

Quote Originally Posted by mikep21 View Post
    I took the neta II exam about two months ago and seen a good amount of questions similar to the the practice exam on the test.
    Were there a lot of trick questions to look for? For example: I was taking a practice exam and the question was
    To test the Long time delay function of a breaker which is set for 1000amps (blank) test current is used.

One choice was 3000amp which is 300% of course but choice D was "Not enough information" I chose D and got the question wrong. Wasn't sure since the delay was given. Also don't some manufacturers require 600% on acceptance?

Please help

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    NETA exams are chock-full of questions that are intentionally worded to trip you up. You are correct in your thinking but you are to choose the best answer and 9 out of 10 times whatever is in the NETA standard is what the best answer is. In this case, NETA says 300%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjeelemco View Post
    Were there a lot of trick questions to look for? For example: I was taking a practice exam and the question was
    To test the Long time delay function of a breaker which is set for 1000amps (blank) test current is used.

One choice was 3000amp which is 300% of course but choice D was "Not enough information" I chose D and got the question wrong. Wasn't sure since the delay was given. Also don't some manufacturers require 600% on acceptance?

Please help

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    i would just recommend reading each question thoroughly and maybe even a few times over. they do try and trick you with the wording of the questions.

11. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    mike, what was the hardest question on the exam?

I took the neta II exam about two months ago and seen a good amount of questions similar to the the practice exam on the test.

13. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by madMAX View Post
    mike, what was the hardest question on the exam?
    hard to say which questions were harder than others. its really a matter of just knowing the material. if you use this site you will be just fine.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    I agree with Mike on this one. For me, it was math. All I can say is know ohms law inside and out. I remember there was a question asking to calculate ohms given a voltage, frequency, and capacitance but that formula was on the sheet they give you before the test, all you have to do is plug the numbers into the formula. Also know how to calculate all sides of right triangles.

hard to say which questions were harder than others. its really a matter of just knowing the material. if you use this site you will be just fine.

17. Kimbo Slice is offline Member Pro Subscriber
    From what I hear it is high on safety, ohms law calculations. Im taking it in a few weeks and that's what I have been told by other members on this site. Good luck and let us know how you did when you take it.

19. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Passed Level II today!!

This site was a huge help, thank you! My advice to anybody taking the test is to take the tech quizzes non stop and read the study guides also read the forums there is a lot of information in here. Thanks again to everybody that answered my questions and to the operators of this site!!

Subscribe

Share this thread