Follow Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Any words of advice for the NETA 2 exam?

Jump to latest post
  1. Rbrown is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by STXERS17 View Post
    Hi Rasilva,

How did you know that you missed one question, did NETA send you or your company the score sheet of your test? I keep hearing that NETA only let you know whether you pass or fail.
    I took NETA 2 in June and they handed me a paper that said scored 396 and needed 410 to pass, with that said the same exam location now tells all the guys that I work with they will know in 4 weeks and aren't giving score right away.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrown View Post
    I took NETA 2 in June and they handed me a paper that said scored 396 and needed 410 to pass, with that said the same exam location now tells all the guys that I work with they will know in 4 weeks and aren't giving score right away.
    From my understanding, if you pass it tells you right there and then, however if you fail it'll say that you'll be informed in 4 weeks, (for them to gather all the points that you missed).

Do you have any other recommendations regarding the test? I'm just studying the materials straight from the ATS and MTS.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Not so

Quote Originally Posted by dvanny View Post
    From my understanding, if you pass it tells you right there and then, however if you fail it'll say that you'll be informed in 4 weeks, (for them to gather all the points that you missed).

Do you have any other recommendations regarding the test? I'm just studying the materials straight from the ATS and MTS.
    Pass or fail, you will not receive results for 4-6 weeks. The proctor will tell you before you sit for the test. My recommendation? Follow exactly what NETA recommends. I took the test last July (first month of new test) and found out in late August that I had passed.

7. glenjr is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Ashockers View Post
    Pass or fail, you will not receive results for 4-6 weeks. The proctor will tell you before you sit for the test. My recommendation? Follow exactly what NETA recommends. I took the test last July (first month of new test) and found out in late August that I had passed.
    The Guys I work with also confirmed the test results taking more than 4 weeks to get.

9. glenjr is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjr View Post
    The Guys I work with also confirmed the test results taking more than 4 weeks to get.
    It may be different at each testing center

11. ChaseMcKenney is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Chase McKenney

Quote Originally Posted by Jbotsford View Post
    Any suggestions for the NETA II test would be greatly appreciated
    Just took test Monday, studied and studied test guy for 2 months. To my surprise only 2 questions from test guy were on exam. I scored a 73%, I failed. Again to my surprise you need and 82% to pass. Not saying don't study with test guy but study other sources. Im studying the NETA study guide for the next one. Best of luck! Know your formulas,relays (numbers and what they do), NETA ATS and MTS standards, batteries (shows a picture and asks what kind of battery is it), and fiber optics. Ill get it next time!

13. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by veracon0700 View Post
    Don't try to cram in the days leading up to your test. If you have plenty of time to prepare, start now! You shouldn't do a whole lot of studying the night before your exam, use that time to relax. If you feel like you have to study the night before, take a practice exam. I've also seen guys arrive to the test site early with their laptop and hotspot to take practice exams in the parking lot before they go in.

When you sit down for the test use every second of your time and use it wisely. You are not graded on how fast you complete the exam. Go through each question one at a time and read it slowly. This is very important because questions are worded to trick you.

If you don't know the answer off hand mark it for later and skip the question. When you reach the end of the test go back and work through the questions you have marked. Repeat this process with your unanswered questions.

Sometimes answers can be found in other questions. Make notes as you work through the exam about questions that relate to one another.

All of the math required for the exam can be found on the official formula sheet, sometimes you may have to use multiple equations to solve a problem.

Overall just be sure to relax because you cant think clearly. Eat a good healthy breakfast the day of your test and get plenty of sleep the night before.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck on your exam!
    Its a little disheartening to hear that they try to trick you with the questions. You think they would want to give a straight up test.

Subscribe

Share this thread