Follow Us

Klein Tools Clamp Meter Recall

Jump to latest post
    madMAX is offline Seasoned Member
    Klein Tools Clamp Meter Recall

The CL110, CL210 and CL310 and CL110KIT are being recalled due to a fastener that can work itself loose over time, potentially leading to a false reading when measuring voltage. This issue could indicate a reading of zero voltage on energized systems resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is off, posing shock, electrocution and burn hazards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp_meter_recall_lineup.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	129

This recall involves The CL110, CL210 and CL310 and CL110KIT Digital Clamp Meters with date codes: 0815U-A1, 1015U-A1, 1115U-A1, 1215U-A1, 0116U-A1, 0216U-A1, 0316U-A1

Klein Tools is issuing a voluntary product recall on four products in our Test and Measurement Line due to a potential safety hazard. We are working together with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada to recall these products and replace them promptly.

FYI in case anybody is using these meters!

http://www.kleintools.com/clampmeterrecall

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by madMAX View Post
    The CL110, CL210 and CL310 and CL110KIT are being recalled due to a fastener that can work itself loose over time, potentially leading to a false reading when measuring voltage. This issue could indicate a reading of zero voltage on energized systems resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is off, posing shock, electrocution and burn hazards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp_meter_recall_lineup.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	129

This recall involves The CL110, CL210 and CL310 and CL110KIT Digital Clamp Meters with date codes: 0815U-A1, 1015U-A1, 1115U-A1, 1215U-A1, 0116U-A1, 0216U-A1, 0316U-A1

Klein Tools is issuing a voluntary product recall on four products in our Test and Measurement Line due to a potential safety hazard. We are working together with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada to recall these products and replace them promptly.

FYI in case anybody is using these meters!

http://www.kleintools.com/clampmeterrecall
    Have not heard of this, thanks for the info

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Thanks for the info I think I have one of these I use for personal use.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2021
    I have one of these meters for home use and mine falls under the recall, thanks for sharing I wouldn't have known otherwise!

Subscribe

Share this thread