Follow Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Neta Certs...why are they valid?

Jump to latest post
    Riddle me this Batman
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan_NES View Post
    @GreenHornet that's actually a punny joke!

But I find most companies Neta affiliated or not would choose a Neta or at least pay more for a Neta tech over someone who is not (everything else considered being the same of course).

It is a strong addition to any Electrical Tester's resume. Another thing I see is technician's leaving it off their resume once it expires, don't do that! if you've held a Neta cert in the last 3-5 years I feel it's worth listing.
    i'd say leave it on there as well, sadly I feel NETA could do more, my dealings with them have been less than good, but until the industry asks for more it won't get any better, NERC may require certification in near future, that will spur change

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by codycody103 View Post
    Although i like what NETA stands for, i think its a big scam and money grab to be honest...
    Agree. For a technician, having a NETA certification doesn't get you much except maybe a few extra bucks. It isn't necessarily a testament to ones skill, I've seen NICET and non-certified techs run circles around NETA techs in the field. It's all about money, NETA makes it very hard for a company to get accredited and if you are lucky enough to get in, that just means you can charge your customers more for the same service.

ElectricalTestTech is offline NETA Level IV
    Affiliate Member
    Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by samair99 View Post
    Agree. For a technician, having a NETA certification doesn't get you much except maybe a few extra bucks. It isn't necessarily a testament to ones skill, I've seen NICET and non-certified techs run circles around NETA techs in the field. It's all about money, NETA makes it very hard for a company to get accredited and if you are lucky enough to get in, that just means you can charge your customers more for the same service.
    Well, there are exceptions to every certification. But I believe that Some type of standard is needed to effectively rate ones knowledge. It doesn’t have to mean NETA or NICET, but I have seen first hand, people who leave the trade as “knowledgeable” and come for a weekend project a year after leaving and you feel you have a sack of potatoes. To me, this is where NETA exceeds NICET and put the limitation on how long a certification is active. If you aren’t working for a NETA company or can’t get CTD’s, to prove you are still active in the industry, you can’t ride my coat tails.

But that’s just my point of view

Subscribe

Share this thread