Follow Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How hard is the NETA level 3 test compared to level 2?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Practice exams are very similar to actual exam for NETA III

Quote Originally Posted by wrh9278 View Post
    Do you remember any of the other 60 questions that you didn't see on the practice test? I will be taking my level 3 test soon.
    I will tell you that you need to take at least 15 or 20 practice exams to see a good bit of questions. I took the actual NETA III exam this morning and passed. I took probably 12 practice tests, plus reviewed my results of all of my level II practice tests and was very thankful I did. I did see some new questions, but to my surprise and delight, I had already seen the majority of the same questions in the practice exams.

I recommend you review the tables regarding insulation testing of equipment, cables, and transformers. Know your insulated glove classes and color. Be familiar with arc flash boundaries and qualified employee. Read up on phase sequence relays (47), distance/impedance relays (21), and general overcurrent relays (51). They tend to like those the most.

Then just keep taking the practice exams over and over. I think this is the best study path for most. Good luck when you do take the level III exam.

Behab1 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by EDGARA12 View Post
    how much harder is the neta 3 in comparison to the neta 2 test?
    I've been told that it has roughly a 20-30% passing rate.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by EDGARA12 View Post
    how much harder is the neta 3 in comparison to the neta 2 test?
    If you are prepared both are about the same. I had to re-certify after being away from NETA for 17 years and took 2 and then 3 a testing cycle apart, and they were comparable to what the practice quizzes are here were focused on. Level 4 next week.....that might end my streak...

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer20001us View Post
    If you are prepared both are about the same. I had to re-certify after being away from NETA for 17 years and took 2 and then 3 a testing cycle apart, and they were comparable to what the practice quizzes are here were focused on. Level 4 next week.....that might end my streak...
    Wow, 17 years. How much different were the tests back then?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    Wow, 17 years. How much different were the tests back then?
    In the early 90's, there was no Level II test, it was really just like Level I. There was only 1 test and I would say it would be a combination of LevelIII/LevelIV today. IT had a lot more of the NETA tech quiz questions back then. If you got 75% or better you passed and were Level III. If you got 90% or higher, you got Level IV. And after 10 years of Level III, you just became Level IV. That change in the late 90's to where you had to pass the test with 90% to get Level IV (they ended the grandfathering up to Level IV). Man, did that piss some people off who were at 9 years and 8 months. I was at 8 years, and I was not happy.

11. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    any other study guide location besides the neta world and here

13. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I try to read the neta ats/mts on the thrown. Helps at work and it seems like some guys say some test questions are straight from the tables.

Subscribe

Share this thread