Follow Us
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Any words of advice for the NETA 2 exam?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    new NETA 2 exam tips

I took the level 2 test last Friday and can assure you it is way different then three years ago when I passed without studying. The math questions on here will help. But that's it, you will not see one question on here that is on the test. There are questions with more than one right answer and you must choose the best. I would say 50 questions I had were general knowledge that I had never seen before and took and "educated guess". Know your fuses, know grounding principles, the uses of meters and the leads associated . Know contact resistance and how it works, know one lines and symbols, know relays and symbols associated, good luck

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    So I took the test and passed today. As long as you can pass a practice test on here you should be in good shape. There were a few questions I felt were a little hard but overall good test.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Test

Quote Originally Posted by stevepieroski View Post
    So I took the test and passed today. As long as you can pass a practice test on here you should be in good shape. There were a few questions I felt were a little hard but overall good test.
    I also took the test and passed as well as another coworker of mine. We felt about 40-50 percent of these practice test will help on the real deal.

7. glenjr is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    That's great to hear bud! Anything in particular you would recommend studying more?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjr View Post
    That's great to hear bud! Anything in particular you would recommend studying more?
    Know your power triangle and how to do calculactions with it. Was the biggest I would say

11. glenjr is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Know your power triangle and how to do calculactions with it. Was the biggest I would say
    Thank you. I will let you all know how I do tomorrow.

13. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dvanny View Post
    I'm taking the test the following week, I have been studying rigorously on the practice exams and am doing fairly well. Does anyone have any recommendation?
    you have to pass with 82% if you don't pass test here with 90+ better study harder. I failed the test last time because of 1 question.

15. raknapek is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by rasilva View Post
    you have to pass with 82% if you don't pass test here with 90+ better study harder. I failed the test last time because of 1 question.
    Are you sure it's an 82%? NETA site says 410 on a scale of 200-500. That's a 70% on that scale.

17. STXERS17 is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by rasilva View Post
    Hi Rasilva,

How did you know that you missed one question, did NETA send you or your company the score sheet of your test? I keep hearing that NETA only let you know whether you pass or fail.

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by STXERS17 View Post
    Hi Rasilva,

How did you know that you missed one question, did NETA send you or your company the score sheet of your test? I keep hearing that NETA only let you know whether you pass or fail.
    I think your company can get a copy of the results. Not each question you missed but percentage by category. If you know how many questions were in each category you can figure out how many you missed. As for the overall exam score, if you get a 69.6% or something then its pretty obvious you missed it by one or two.

Subscribe

Share this thread