Follow Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Any words of advice for the NETA 2 exam?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015

Took the NETA II exam this morning. I was a little surprised by the 1st few questions. Not difficult, but took me a few minutes of scribbling and using the calculator. The first 3 questions were circuits questions. Simple series circuit and some information to determine conductor resistance, then a slightly complicated complex circuit (combination series/parallel, required using the current divider method to determine current in one branch), then a calculation to find Xc.

There were a handful of questions I had to just guess on, but not too many.

Looking forward to Level III exam in the Spring time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mainmanmerc View Post
    Do you remember any of the questions you had to guess on? Congrats on passing by the way. How helpful were the practice tests? I'm taking my exam in a few months.
    The things that I can remember were all pretty basic, and are covered in the practice tests given here on TestGuy website.

Things like resistance in parallel and series circuits (i did have to use a current divider equation; not complicated but it did catch me a little off guard. i had to think about it for a moment before crunching numbers), calculating capacitive reactance given Capacitance and frequency, basic power system questions, basic questions regarding insulating oil and SF6 gas, etc. Some safety related questions, some instrument related questions.

There were at least 3 or 4 questions that were on the TestGuy practice tests verbatim (or very very close to verbatim).

I'm not new at all to electrical work, but I am new to NETA, so the practice tests on TestGuy were golden for me. A lot of the stuff is basic common sense, but some of it is a bit more detail specific.

If you pound out the practice tests provided by TestGuy you should have no problems at all passing the Level II exam.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016

So I took the 2 test today and failed it. It really stinks that the way they let you know by percentage what you did not get right since you have no way of knowing if in a particular section you missed 1 or 6. So as work goes I got the notice for testing late in the period and tons of work and life keeping me from studying as much as I wanted.

I took 3 practice exams online and passed 2 and failed one, plus researched stuff as I went that I wasn't sure on and still did not pass the real test. Be really comfortable when going to take the test that you have a good grasp on all questions they might ask. Practice, practice, practice I guess. And one more for gp!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    NETA 2 exam , 2 days to study, what should i do?

So i just found out i have to take the neta 2 exam on monday, i have two days to study. Any suggestions on how to cram for this test? I tried the online tests, it didn't go so well, and they don't give answers afterwards....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hard to say without knowing your experience level. Two days isn't very much time though to be honest. I would say know your safety and how to calculate basic electrical circuits inside/out.

11. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    NETA LEVEL 2

Quote Originally Posted by GavinK5 View Post
    Hard to say without knowing your experience level. Two days isn't very much time though to be honest. I would say know your safety and how to calculate basic electrical circuits inside/out.
    Thank you,

13. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Hopefully this can help with some material, kinda explains what to expect on the exam and what NETA "claims" for reference material. Plus a large amount of practice questions.

http://www.netaworld.org/sites/defau...ide9.16.16.pdf

15. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    neta level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BrettAES View Post
    Hopefully this can help with some material, kinda explains what to expect on the exam and what NETA "claims" for reference material. Plus a large amount of practice questions.

http://www.netaworld.org/sites/defau...ide9.16.16.pdf
    sounds good

17. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Inside Sales

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    So i just found out i have to take the neta 2 exam on monday, i have two days to study. Any suggestions on how to cram for this test? I tried the online tests, it didn't go so well, and they don't give answers afterwards....
    15% is Safety
    25% Electrical Testing Fundamentals & Theory
    55% Component Testing
    5% Systems & Commissioning

Good Luck

19. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Going into my first NETA II exam this week

Can anyone give me any suggestions going into my first NETA II exam this week? I believe I have the math and safety down pretty well with a strong understanding of Turns Ratio test sets, DLRO's, and Insulation Resistance testers.

Any suggestions to prepare me for this week to help me pass would be great!

Subscribe

Share this thread