Follow Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neta 3 Exam pointers and questions

Jump to latest post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Neta 3 Exam pointers and questions

Does anybody have any pointers to take the Neta # 3 exam. I get anxious when I take tests. i failed it once and I want to pass it this time> i have been taking a lot of quizzes and I do okay(PASS) but somehow I dont feel to confident. I dont have a lot of experience with relays.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    took my 3 today, the formula sheet is slightly different if you've taken it in the past. the phase sequence formulas were not on the sheet.

Id guess 60% or more questions were relay and metering. unfortunately I missed passing by 2 questions. Id also guess maybe 30% of the questions i've seen listed here.

One questions that comes to mind was something like " a given circuit is 120 vac and has a draw of 10 amps phase is at 10 degrees with 45 magnitude what is the kvar? "i believe these were the choices"

a. 750
    b. 1155
    c. 1200
    d. 77.5

Not sure how to solve this you may see something similar.

5. Kimbo Slice is offline Member Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by lester mcmanaway View Post
    took my 3 today, the formula sheet is slightly different if you've taken it in the past. the phase sequence formulas were not on the sheet. Id guess 60% or more questions were relay and metering. unfortunately I missed passing by 2 questions. Id also guess maybe 30% of the questions i've seen listed here. 1 that comes to mind was something like " a given circuit is 120 vac and has a draw of 10 amps phase is at 10 degrees with 45 magnitude what is the kvar?
    "i believe these were the choices"
    a. 750
    b. 1155
    c. 1200
    d. 77.5
    Was this your first time taking the Neta 3? If not did the questions change a lot? Sorry that you didn't pass.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    1st attempt at the 3. its been over a year since i took the 2. The format of the test is pretty similar i was expecting it to be way different reading some of the stuff here but it wasn't to bad. i just took another practice test for giggles and there are a lot of questions i seen on the 3 that i have yet to see here. if you have access to the neta quiz's that are published in the magazine there was quite a few of them on the test.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    took my 3 today, the formula sheet is slightly different if you've taken it in the past. the phase sequence formulas were not on the sheet. Id guess 60% or more questions were relay and metering. unfortunately I missed passing by 2 questions. Id also guess maybe 30% of the questions i've seen listed here. 1 that comes to mind was something like " a given circuit is 120 vac and has a draw of 10 amps phase is at 10 degrees with 45 magnitude what is the kvar?
    "i believe these were the choices"
    a. 750
    b. 1155
    c. 1200
    d. 77.5
    Q=V x I x SinΦ?

11. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    but still dont get any of those choices??

13. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    how do i inplement the magnitude in this?

15. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    a given circuit is 120 vac and has a draw of 10 amps phase is at 10 degrees with 45 magnitude what is the kvar?
    a. 750
    b. 1155
    c. 1200
    d. 77.5
    Also not sure how to solve this, somehow need to find real power first. Where does the 45 magnitude come in?

Can anyone help provide a solution?

17. rsimmons is offline Junior Member Pro Subscriber
    Possible Solution

Quote Originally Posted by cjones09 View Post
    Also not sure how to solve this, somehow need to find real power first. Where does the 45 magnitude come in?

Can anyone help provide a solution?
    V = 45 mag, 10 degrees
    V phasor notation = 45*cosine(10degrees) - 45*sine(10degrees)*imaginary number
    V phasor notation = 44.3 - 7.8*imaginary number
    44.3 = real voltage
    7.8 = reactive voltage
    kvar = reactive voltage * amps
    kvar = 7.8*10amps
    kvar = 78
    78 is close to 77.5

See if that works

19. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    i have no idea, i tried figuring it out for about 20 minutes during the test and gave up. was hoping someone else here could shed some light. good luck tomorrow. a good portion of the questions i did see that were familiar to here were reworded ever so slightly it will trip you up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe

Share this thread