Follow Us

LEVEL 1 TEST?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    LEVEL 1 TEST?

Does anyone offer the Level 1 test? Is it worth anything?

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by prime_mover View Post
    The way I understand it, NETA doesn't offer any kind of official Level 1 recognition. There is no exam required to get started with a NETA company, except those that may be required by an individual employer. For example, the IBEW local in my area has an assessment test you need to pass before they will accept you, but its not a "NETA 1." It just gets you in the door.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    LEVEL 1

Quote Originally Posted by SecondGen View Post
    The way I understand it, NETA doesn't offer any kind of official Level 1 recognition. There is no exam required to get started with a NETA company, except those that may be required by an individual employer. For example, the IBEW local in my area has an assessment test you need to pass before they will accept you, but its not a "NETA 1." It just gets you in the door.
    Secondgen,

Thanks for the response. I am in an IBEW, and I'm not sure if they offer some type of assessment test. My local is not the most responsive whenever I've tried to get info on trying to transition to Relay Tech/Substation tech world.

I guess it's back to the drawing board...

Thanks again,

I push buttons.
    NETA Level III Pro Subscriber
    Secondgen,

Thanks for the response. I am in an IBEW, and I'm not sure if they offer some type of assessment test. My local is not the most responsive whenever I've tried to get info on trying to transition to Relay Tech/Substation tech world.

I guess it's back to the drawing board...

Thanks again,
    My guess is that you would have taken the test when you first joined IBEW. The NETA cert is only good if you are working for a NETA company, otherwise you might be interested in getting a NICET cert.

NICET doesnt have any special company requirements and you can take it anywhere.

http://www.nicet.org/become-certifie...get-certified/

Does your local have a test tech classification?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Im pretty sure there is no NETA 1. They assume that if your in this type of buisness then you must know the basics already. Thats what i was told anyways.

11. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    NETA LEVEL 1

Quote Originally Posted by codycody103 View Post
    Im pretty sure there is no NETA 1. They assume that if your in this type of buisness then you must know the basics already. Thats what i was told anyways.
    IF YOU'RE IN a NETA ACCREDITED COMPANY, they can administer a Level 1 test, if desired. It is the basics, but some companies DON'T do it because it's not worth the time to set up, administer, file, etc. That's why most companies will just do the level 2.

Subscribe

Share this thread