Rescue crews were called to Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa Wednesday after a construction worker reportedly suffered an electrical shock while preparing to do work involving two outdoor transformers in front of Olin Hall.
According to a report from KCCI Des Moines, one of the transformer enclosures was open as the electrician was "showing a contractor where to drill holes and avoid hitting the switches and pipes." The contractor leaned into the enclosure to get a closer look and was shocked.
The electrician started CPR immediately after finding the contractors heart had stopped. The man regained consciousness by the time emergency personnel arrived, the report said. The 27 year-old contractor suffered burns to his hands and head and was taken to a nearby hospital.
Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/constructio...rsity/38039964