They said in another thread that neta wont give you test results for 4-6 weeks. What happens at the end of the test, do they show you the percentage correct for each category?
Yes that is what they did. you don't know if you passed for 4-6 weeks. so I don't know if I passed or not.... fingers crossed hopefully I did!
Originally Posted by cjones09
You can guess your score based on the category breakdown, just average it out. Sucks you gotta wait 4-6 weeks for official word.
I attached the letter they gave me at the end there was not a category breakdown
Wow. They literally tell you nothing, thanks for posting that. The last time I took the test it told you at the end whether or not you passed but it wouldn't give you a score. Instead it would give you a percentage for each category we would use that to figure out our scores. There was also a web cam at the test station which I found to be kind of creepy.
NETA III test thoughts
Here are my thoughts regarding the test:
1. Bookmark option did not work during the test (it was working on the 7 questions practice). I choose to leave the questions unanswered (white) to be able to review them later.
2. The on screen calculator
- needs to scroll up/down and left/right
- It doesnít work from the keyboard so only option I had is to use the mouse.
- If you click to fast the digit doesnít appear to the screen (example for 1500 will be 150 if you double click to fast on 0)
- The deg/rad selection is on the bottom (hidden if you donít scroll down)
- The calculator doesnít show the separator (100000 vs 100,000) so I spent important time counting the zeros on screen.
- The calculator doesnít clear when start a new operation (if the result is 20+80=100 and if you try to type a new calculus example 52 then you will see 10052 on screen because YOU CAN TYPE over the last result).
3. There is no way to zoom in/out the screen. The text is too small and not easy to read.
4. 100 questions in 120 minutes. Ridiculous!!! The average for one question is 72 seconds.
- The language used on some questions is not clear. It was confusing and fancy academic.
- Many questions implied advance calculus
- Many questions are too long and the answers too.
- There is a question with a detailed breaker schematic that is blurry on screen like a low resolution jpeg impossible to read. And you still need to scroll up/down to see the schematic and the answers.
5. About the PSU (Portland State University) testing room
a. The front desk personnel needed 15 minutes to spell right my username and to type the password.
b. The room was to small and too many computer cubicles ocupied. Every 2-3 minutes somebody was in or out of the room.
c. They provide ear muffins but nothing to clean with.
d. The room wormed up at the beginning, somebody complain IT IS TOO HOT after that the AC was too low and the fan too fast. This is not all: SOMEBODY JUST FART.
Iíve got 32 questions answered in first 60 min. SHOOT. I start skipping the questions with calculus. I had 10 min left and more 20 questions to review. I spent the last three minutes to guess on more than 10 questions.
BTW the test was too complicated for the computer too. It couldnít calculate the score!!!
Took level 3 last Friday, exam changed significantly.... 100 questions , 1hr 30 min to answer and I did not come across any questions from TestGuy study guide. The exam looked like it was formatted for Electrical engineers and not field techs.
Originally Posted by ovatolin
taking my test tomorrow.....not feeling to great about it after reading these.. did it really take a month to get an answer if you passed or not?
My 2cents, took the 3 yesterday and I took it 3 cycles ago just before the change. It is most definitely more difficult aside from having just over a minute a question there is a lot of new material. Scoring is from 200-500 , 410 is passing. Got my results and score immediately (unfortunately 386 isn't passing). I've started putting together questions I can recall for the most part. Once I get a final draft on them I will share them. Definitely seen a lot more long math equations on this test. You need to be 100% on all the different series and parallel circuit math, capacitive,reactive, etc. I can figure them out but wasn't fluent enough to nail all the equations in a minute. The new formula sheet is posted on NETA's website now also(I don't recall it being there before) it's the exact same one I was given. They also have the on screen calculator you use on their website, you can give it a test drive.
Thanks a lot for sharing this awesome information
By Zepold72 in forum NETA Level 3 Exam
Last Post: November 9, 2016, 11:51 PM
By dnigra in forum NETA Level 2 Exam
Last Post: May 23, 2016, 02:03 PM
By Clarksalinas in forum NETA Level 2 Exam
Last Post: April 22, 2016, 06:21 PM
By ovatolin in forum NETA Level 2 Exam
Last Post: April 30, 2015, 09:09 AM
Tags for this Thread