How do you say XO or X0?

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    How do you say XO or X0?

Some guys call it XO (x-oh) and others call it X0 (x-zero). I get laughed at when I call it X0 even though its obviously the correctly way to say it.
    Reply • 

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Actually never heard anyone call it X zero. Or H zero for that matter.
    Never heard of a baseball player going zero for 3 in a game, it's always been O for 3.
    Or 3 balls and no strikes being a 3 and zero count, it's always been a 3 and O count.

It could be an American Versus British English thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...ritish_English

When referring to the numeral 0, British people would normally use nought, oh, or zero, although nil is common in sports scores. Americans use the term zero most frequently; oh is also often used (though never when the quantity in question is nothing), and occasionally slang terms such as zilch or zip are used. Phrases such as the team won two–zip or the team leads the series two–nothing are heard when reporting sports scores. In the case of association football—known as "football" in Britain and "soccer" in America—Americans will sometimes use "nil" as in Britain, although this usage is mostly confined to soccer journalists and hardcore fans and is not universal among either group. The digit 0, for example, when a phone or account number is being read aloud, is nearly always pronounced oh in both language varieties for the sake of convenience. In the internet age the use of the term oh can cause certain inconveniences when one is referencing an email address, causing confusion as to whether the character in question is a zero or the letter "O".

So maybe you should call X nought, or X nil, or X zip, or X zilch, or X nothing.

As long as there are not an XO and an X0 bushing on the same transformer, everyone should know what you are talking about.
    Reply • 

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reply • 

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    how about X-nada? i've never heard it called x zero, i always say X-O. arnold laid it out pretty well.
    Reply • 

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I am not British and I have never heard of anyone counting 3-2-1-oh, it's always 3-2-1-zero.

Quote Originally Posted by ARNOLD ZIFFEL View Post
    Actually never heard anyone call it X zero. Or H zero for that matter.
    Never heard of a baseball player going zero for 3 in a game, it's always been O for 3.
    Or 3 balls and no strikes being a 3 and zero count, it's always been a 3 and O count.

It could be an American Versus British English thing.
    Reply • 

11. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    The only count down I have ever been a part of was 3-2-1-Happy New Year!

Call it what you want, it's not that big of a deal.
    Reply • 

Login or register to leave a reply!