Follow Us

Which is not required for 15kV inline cable splice?

Jump to latest post
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Which is not required for 15kV inline cable splice?

I don't know anything about cable splicing, can someone help me with the question below? If you have a manual or instruction sheet that shows the process could you post it? That would be really helpful. Thanks!

New installation of 350 MCM copper 15kV tape shielded 100% EPR insulated power cable requires inline splice. To properly perform a splice on this cable which is not required:

A. Extruded strand must be carried intact across the splice

B. Both sides have proper stress relief at the point to tape shields are terminated

C. Properly rated conductor must be used to join the two 350 MCM conductors

D. Some type of conductors are required to cross splice and connect the shield on both sides

E. Sufficient amount of the semicon material used as part of the insulation shield must be removed to establish adequate creepage distance on both sided of splice

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    i am just learning some basic splices i find it to be fun and different from our every day work.. but sorry no answer for you. i will be checking back with this post to see what you come up with

5. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    is this question on the neta level 3 test?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjayo View Post

9. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Cable Splicing question

I believe that answer A is the one that does not fit. I am not sure what they mean by an extruded strand?

11. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    This questions was not on my NETA III exam, but there's a large question pool.

This questions was not on my NETA III exam, but there's a large question pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjayo View Post

13. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cross splicing is a completely separate method of cable splicing. Answers A, B, C, and E are steps within several in line splicing procedures from 3M.

15. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    "A" is the step that isn't used in cable splicing.

Generally the splice kit is going to use some assortment of a tape spring with a braided conductor to reconnect the ground shield. I would say that answer "D" describes why "A" is wrong.

17. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by madMAX View Post
    I don't know anything about cable splicing, can someone help me with the question below? If you have a manual or instruction sheet that shows the process could you post it? That would be really helpful. Thanks!

New installation of 350 MCM copper 15kV tape shielded 100% EPR insulated power cable requires inline splice. To properly perform a splice on this cable which is not required:

B. Both sides have proper stress relief at the point to tape shields are terminated

C. Properly rated conductor must be used to join the two 350 MCM conductors

D. Some type of conductors are required to cross splice and connect the shield on both sides

E. Sufficient amount of the semicon material used as part of the insulation shield must be removed to establish adequate creepage distance on both sided of splice
    I had 'A' as an answer to this question on recent test on this platform and it wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cable question.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	380

Subscribe

Share this thread