- First aid procedures - Understand the basic rules and procedures of first aid.
- Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - Understand basic CPR procedures.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR): First aid It's far better to do something than to do nothing at all if you're fearful that your knowledge or abilities aren't 100 percent complete.
- Basic CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) [Video] Short video explains updated CPR procedures for 2015.
- The ABC's of CPR [Video] Learn about the ABC's of CPR from the experts in this first aid video.
- Fire protection procedures - Know fire extinguishers, classifications, and use. Recognize the four classes of fires and understand use of portable fire extinguishers.
- Fire Classifications & Fire Extinguisher Types Fire extinguishers are divided into four categories, based on different classifications of fire.
- Basic individual safety - Follow standard safety practices in performing job tasks. Recognize and call attention to improper safety practices at the work site. Understand electrical hazards, shock, arc-flash, and arc-blast.
- How electricity affects your body Electric shock occurs when your body becomes part of a closed circuit and electric current flows into one part of your body and out another, like into your hands and out of your feet for instance.
- Understanding OSAH Arc-Flash Regulations [Video] A complete informative video to help understand OSHA arc flash regulations.
- Arc Flash PPE Laboratory Test [Video] Watch as German power company puts various Arc Flash PPE to the test.
- Arc Flash Incident While Racking Breaker [Video] The video here shows that electric installations are very dangerous.
- Arc Flash Incident - Cudahy, WI 2003 [Video] Electrical arc flash blast exterior substation Cudahy WI 2003. Two apprentices electricians standing in the opening & one journeyman electrician lying on the ground. He assumed the power was off & attached a phase detector to exposed high voltage conductors, which caused the arc flash blast.
- Personal protective equipment - Correctly use safety equipment such as eye protection, gloves, hard hats, hearing protection, and safety shoes.
- Construction Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Learn how to help keep yourself protected from minor injuries while working in a construction environment.
- [Video] Basic PPE Requirements for Construction A short safety video showing some of the Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) that needs to be worn at a construction site.
- Individual lockout/tagout - Understand basic lockout/tagout procedures.
- OSHA: Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) Workers servicing or maintaining machines or equipment may be seriously injured or killed if hazardous energy is not properly controlled. Injuries resulting from the failure to control hazardous energy during maintenance activities can be serious or fatal!
- Lockout/Tagout Training [Video] This 15-minute video is a training video on OSHA 1910.147, the Control of Hazardous Energy.
- Recognize an electrically safe work condition (ESWC) - Understand the definition of an electrically safe work condition (ESWC) and be capable of recognizing when/where an ESWC has been established.
- Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition The process of turning off the power, verifying that it is off and ensuring it stays off while work is being performed is called establishing an electrically safe work condition.
- Electrically Safe Work Condition Overview The only real way to prevent exposure to electrical hazards is to remove all sources of energy and isolate them from the system.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page