- Basic systems - Inspect, test, and operate various ac and dc control and protection wiring, schemes, and components as found in electrical apparatus and assemblies. Evaluate scheme and results.
- Motor control - Inspect, test, and operate motor control systems specific to reduced voltage starting, variable frequency, variable voltage, dc drive, wound rotor, synchronous, and other motor applications.
- Fundamentals of Motor Control [PDF] Basic principles and language of AC motor control.
- Basics of DC Drives [PDF] Although AC motors and vector-control drives now offer alternatives to DC, there are many applications where DC drives offer advantages in operator friendliness, reliability, cost effectiveness, and performance.
- Field Inspection and Testing of Medium-Voltage Motor Control Centers Equipment Installation Checks and Testing Requirements for MV MCCs.
- Electrical Testing of Low Voltage Motor Control Centers and Enclosed Assemblies This "How To" document discusses relevant test equipment as well as suggested procedures and practices to ensure the quality, safety, and speed of your test-for-reconditioning practices.
- Medium-Voltage Motor Starters and Protection This article will concentrate on mechanical and electrical interlocks that all ANSI compliant medium-voltage motor starting equipment must have as well as motor protection that includes thermal algorithms, number-of-starts limitation, negative sequence protection, resistance temperature detectors (RTDs), and more.
- What To Check When Commissioning Variable Speed Drives Once all the basic checks have been completed and the commissioning test sheet completed, the VSD is ready for energization.
- Medium-Voltage Motor Starters and Protection [PDF] Medium-voltage (2.3 kV to 15 kV) starters have been around for many years and we have very complex ways of controlling and protecting the circuits and the motors.
- Knowledge of PLCs, networking, and automated control systems.
- Basics of PLCs [PDF] A programmable logic controller (PLC), also referred to as a programmable controller, is the name given to a type of computer commonly used in commercial and industrial control applications.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page