- Be familiar with codes and standards in the country of residency - In the United States this would include understanding the content of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Codes as they apply to electrical power distribution equipment, systems, work practices, etcetera.
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Table 110.26 and 110.34 - Working Spaces The requirements for working space are primarily contained in NEC Articles 110.26 (for low voltage) and 110.34 (for high voltage).
- NFPA 70, Article 110: Requirements for Electrical Installations Reviewing existing rules and 2011 NEC changes for Article 110, which outlines many general guidelines that govern electrical installations.
- NEC Arc Flash Label Requirements: What's new for 2014? As part of the 2014 code change process, the requirements for arc flash warning markings have been modified yet again, and section 110.16 has been revised.
- Field Testing Label Requirements for Electrical Equipment Maintenance Test decals are an important part of any electrical maintenance program, they provide immediate indication of the last maintenance date and the overall condition of the specific devices that have been tested and maintained in the field.
- Transformers, Secondary Conductors, and Overcurrent Protection [PDF] A common question is whether transformers, transformer secondary conductors, and overcurrent protection are independent components or parts of a system. The answer to this question is often unclear.
- Maintenance and Testing for the Healthcare Industry — Essential Electrical Systems [PDF] Specific electrical requirements for clinics, medical and dental offices, outpatient facilities, nursing homes, limited-care facilities, hospitals, and other health-care facilities can be found in NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, (Section 517), NFPA 110, Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems (Chapter 8), and NFPA 99, Standard for Healthcare Facilities (Chapter 4).
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Article 230 - Services
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Article 240 - Overcurrent Protection
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Article 250 - Grounding and Bonding
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Article 310 - Conductors for General Wiring
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Article 700 - Emergency Systems
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page