- Types and Uses - Identify the types, classification, and application of transformers and electrical circuits. Understand the differences between dry-type, cast-coil, and liquid-filled transformers. Understand the application of power substation, distribution, instrument, and control transformers. Recognize that power circuit breakers and transformers are generally equipped with instrument transformers.
- Understanding Transformer Cooling Systems and Methods Cooling classes of dry type transformers are covered by ANSI/IEEE standard C57.12.01.
- Types and Construction of Power and Distribution Transformers Transformers can be divided into two general categories according to their insulating medium and construction: liquid filled and dry type. Each has several variations and each requires different maintenance techniques.
- The Basics of Large Dry-Type Transformers The key difference in the design of dry-type, cast-coil, and liquid-filled is in the insulation of the windings.
- Glossary of Transformer Terms Quick reference of important transformer terms and acronyms.
- Instrument transformers The most common usage of instrument transformers is to operate instruments or metering from high voltage or high current circuits, safely isolating secondary control circuitry from the high voltages or currents.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page