- General maintenance - Use correct techniques to clean, visually inspect, torque, and lubricate assembly and components. This includes racking, handling, and insertion of breakers and contactors.
- Visual Inspections [PDF] Visual inspections can be one of the most valuable and convenient online tools for determining equipment problems when performed by experienced technicians.
- Top Five Switchgear Failure Causes and how to avoid them [PDF] A list of top five general causes for switchgear failures and how they can be prevented,
- The Perils of Grease [PDF] The cleaning and proper regreasing of components provides for a safer, more reliable operation of electrical equipment.
- Interchangeability of Drawout Circuit Breakers in Switchgear Assemblies [PDF] One of the key features of switchgear assemblies using drawout circuit breakers is the interchangeability of circuit breakers within an assembly.
- Achieving (and maintaining) electrical connection tightness [PDF] Can a connection be too tight? Yes and No.
- Cleaning Methods for Electrical Preventive Maintenance Keeping electrical equipment clean is an important part of any electrical preventive maintenance program, but using the wrong cleaning methods could be costly.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page